Is it true that FBI agents are not allowed to ever drink?

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I saw this in the movie Breach and I understand that hollywood does not necessarily represent reality, but it made me curious.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
They can drink, but their code of conduct applies to their off-duty behavior as well. They can be disciplined for drunkenness.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
no

What do you base your answer on? Ten years with the Bureau?

Having studied, followed, and gone through the FBI application process with them.

I have always maintained you can be anything you want on the internet...rofl

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
I had a friend that lost her father an fbi agent, attending an fbi party where some drunk shot and killed her dad.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
no

What do you base your answer on? Ten years with the Bureau?

Having studied, followed, and gone through the FBI application process with them.

I have always maintained you can be anything you want on the internet...rofl

He didn't say he was an agent. Just that he had gone through the application process.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
i remember in the book silence of the lambs, starling's boss was abit of a drinker.

my guess smoking/drinking in the fbi is probably really frowned apon

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Since you're at that point in life that you're obviously mature enough to know the facts, I'm gonna throw in a couple of them for you:
1. There is no Santa.
2. movies != real life
3. FBI agents are allowed to fart, drink (off duty, though I'm pretty sure your boss wouldn't bee too happy if you get pissed on duty), look ugly etc.
4. People who ask you for blowjobs online are not necessarily your friends.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
Since you're at that point in life that you're obviously mature enough to know the facts, I'm gonna throw in a couple of them for you:
1. There is no Santa.
2. movies != real life
3. FBI agents are allowed to fart, drink (off duty, though I'm pretty sure your boss wouldn't bee too happy if you get pissed on duty), look ugly etc.
4. People who ask you for blowjobs online are not necessarily your friends.

5. People who agree to give you a blowjob online are also not necessarily your friends.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Keep in mind that the person who said that in the film was the person who committed the largest security breach in FBI history for the most part. The guy had some wacky opinions. FBI agents aren't supposed to get drunk. The guy interpreted that as drinking at all because he was so screwed up in the head.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I heard that KFC had to change their name because they didn't use real chicken in their food anymore! :Q

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Yes, they're allowed to, it's probably on a basis that it's not going to interfere with their duties. Being "always on the job" just means not talking about things you shouldn't, it's not like they have to watch their back for terrorists walking around with a knife like in a video game.