Is it still possible to get a Wii?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Razgriz
Seems that all of the next-gen consoles seem to have supply issues. It's crazy.

Shipping nearly 2 million Wiis worldwide is hardly supply issues. It's just demand is that great.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Leros
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Can you go to Wal-Mart at midnight?

most walmarts are open 24/7 , so you can go anytime you like

But are they going to be putting out Wiis at midnight?

See three posts above this one.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Queasy

I saw. I think I'm gonna go check out Wal-Mart just see talk to an employee and see what the plan. Maybe drive buy Best Buy and Target to see if any idiots are camping out.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
2 weeks ago I got to target at 6:30 and was too late. 21 in line and they had 19. I ran to Circuit city and got lucky to get in line soon enough. They had 23 and I was 13th. I would imagine that with all the publicity the wii has been getting on the local and national news and the fact that it is the weekend before Christmas there will be many more people standing in line. I should go drive around and taunt the suckers waiting in line already with my wii box.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005

I saw. I think I'm gonna go check out Wal-Mart just see talk to an employee and see what the plan. Maybe drive buy Best Buy and Target to see if any idiots are camping out.

Whats the news?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: jhayx7

Whats the news?

The Wal-Marts sold all their Wiis on Saturday. They said to check back on Wednesday.

Nobody was camping out at either the Best Buy or the two Targets.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Got mine in the mail via BB! Bought it online, sold out in about 20 seconds.

Kilim

Sep 8, 2004
Guys, you need to get there NOW if you are going to a gamestop or ebgames. My Gamestop (i am the manager) had seven people in line for our eight systems when i left at 10 tonight.

Jeepers man, those people are crazy.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Kilim
Guys, you need to get there NOW if you are going to a gamestop or ebgames. My Gamestop (i am the manager) had seven people in line for our eight systems when i left at 10 tonight.

Jeepers man, those people are crazy.

I drove by 2 EB Games and 1 Gamestop and nobody was camped outside. In fact, the parking lot lights were turned off.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Good luck getting any tomorrow, people were lining up already when I was leaving work (Circuit City) at like 11:30.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
The best buy is starting to get a line..... not sure if im going or not.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
I think Nintendo made a mistake pricing the Wii's so low. They can't keep up with the demand. They could have easily sold them at $349.99 and still sold out every store.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
I think Nintendo made a mistake pricing the Wii's so low. They can't keep up with the demand. They could have easily sold them at $349.99 and still sold out every store.

not true. maybe at first but not for this long, not when for $300 you can get a 360 core and for $400 you can get a 360 premium

sure youc an still find wi's places like costco keep getting htem in. i went to the mall today and a "collectors" sotre had one but for $550!!!!!!!!!!!

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Got in line at target at 6:35, was about 40th in line, guy came out with 18 tickets 5 minutes later. Then I Went to fedex / kinko's (my real reason for leaving the apt) and shipped some presents. Lady in line said that toys r us had 20 and she was 22nd after arriving at 5:55am. Glad I'm not her!

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
Went to Best Buy
Circuit City
Toy's R Us
Walmart
EBgames

all had more people in line then Wii's

At least I only wasted 45mins :)

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
OK, got in line at 2:00 am. I was number 5, Target had 15. The line was full by 4:00am.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I went out at 6:30ish to toys r us.. they had atleast 100+ people waiting for the wii/ps3

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ

Don't know about that. A good portion of the appeal of the Wii is that it is cheap in comparison to the 360's and PS3's retail prices. Price it the same or a littler higher and that appeal disappears.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i failed

i got to target at 5:50 am
there were about 25 people in line

the BB across the parking lot had more people in line

the rumor in the line was they would have 18 and pass out tickets at 7am

when 7 came around the rumor changed to passing out tickets at 7:30 am

the best buy people got tickets at 7 am , somebody came over and told us they had 21 and two teenage chicks tried to scalp one of their BB tickets, they didn't name a price, but there were no takers

at 7:30 am the target lady passed out 19 tickets, so no wiiiiiii for me. the people that got them had been in line since 1 am or earlier , so basically only campers got them

oh well. i checked a toyrus and a couple walmarts on my way home, all sold out

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
I was going to go stand in line last night here but was too tired. Also, I read a rumor that the price was going to drop and they will be available in multi-colors in Q1.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I failed. I went at 5am only to find people already well camped out. The Dec 3rd shipment was far greater than this shipment. My local target got 19 today, while the last shipment, they got 56. The lines were longer than last time too, with at least 150 people at Target.