Is it stealing to take a magazine order form out of a magazine on the shelf at a store?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
According to what or who exactly? Police, probably not. Magazine people, definitely not. Higher powers, who knows....

dotcom173

Jan 16, 2006
i always wondered that too

they put like 10 in each mag, so why not. i dont think it really is. if u got caught stealing it, the manager or w/e would just say, "oh...nvm, i thought u were actually stealing something"

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
I think a better question is, is it stealing to take the magazine and leave the the magazine order forms on the shelf?

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
I think a better question is, is it stealing to take the magazine and leave the the magazine order forms on the shelf?

Or go into the store with a digital camera and take pictures of all the pages.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Ned Flanders
why a digital camera?

wanna take film pictures of all those pages? you'll likely have to reload a few rolls, and then pay for the processing.. meh, that's definitely a time where digital is better, for the sake of the photographer ;)
other times its actually a love of photography that has one endure film processing (i'd do it any day), but for magazine pages? fvck that! :D

there's a reason each magazine has multiple subscription forms in them... so people can browse the magazine at the store, see they like it, and take a form. or its to kind of press the idea to a consumer who just bought it and now flips pages and 10 times randomly comes upon the order form, thus kind of brainwashing them into subscribing.
or both.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
No... half of them fall out anyway.

Is it stealing if you take garbage? Probably is actually... but morally it's not. :)

Superartus

May 27, 2004
Well if you think it's stealing...just ask the bookstore clerk..and if he gives it to you...then it's not considered stealing... BUT I think in almost every point of view it's not considered stealing but even better...magazines want you to take it as they know they are going on the shelves and want them to "Fall out" so you can subscribe!
YOU WIn!