is it possible to show same content simultaneously on 2 displays @ diff resolutions?

tbodin

Jan 2, 2006
Someone here will probably know this right away.....if you do, I sure would appreciate some advice.

I am driving 2 displays regularly - a front projector in a home theater setting, and an LCD display at my desktop PC. I have been using ATI video because it seems to be the least problematic in a home theater setting with a 1366(or 1368)x768 resolution. I generally toggle back and forth to either the projector or the LCD but do not display both typically, because as far as I know, I cannot display in 16x9 wide mode on the projector at the same time as I display in 4x3 mode on the LCD (I can display on both devices simultaneously in 4x3, but whats the fun in that?).

Anyway, I am building a new PC right now and am wondering whether 2 video cards running independantly - not in SLI/Crossfire mode - can do this. It seems like too many acrobatics, hence too much to ask or expect. EG, when looking at some web sites in wide mode, there might be 3 columns in a table while in 4x3 mode, there are only 2 (at the promo section of NewEgg for instance). I would think that formatting is done at the CPU level rather than the video card level - hence what I am looking for is probably not possible.

Can someone understand what I am poorly describing here, and if so, do you know yay or nay whether a simple solution exists for this?

Thanks loads for your help.....

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
It's a long time ago so may not be accurate, but I believe there is a "Clone" mode in nView multi-monitor configuration which does just that.