Is it possible to find a solubility product constant without titrating the compound?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
I've tried Googling, but all the sites that describe how to find Ksp do so by titrating?
 

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
15,425
2
0
What's a tit rating? Is that like on a scale of 1 to 10? Have you checked the Hooters web site? :D
 

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
I was so happy when I had 2 fast replies but I guess I'm not so happy anymore. :(
 

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
2,401
1
0
Originally posted by: jjones
What's a tit rating? Is that like on a scale of 1 to 10? Have you checked the Hooters web site? :D

tit rating at whose compound ?
am i invited ?
 

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
15,425
2
0
Sorry Howard, I couldn't resist. And I have no clue wtf you are talking about. I feel stupid. :p
 

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
8,968
16
81
Originally posted by: Howard
I've tried Googling, but all the sites that describe how to find Ksp do so by titrating?

I haven't done chemistry in a while but IIRC you can usually find this stuff in tables.
 

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
Originally posted by: Howard
I've tried Googling, but all the sites that describe how to find Ksp do so by titrating?

I haven't done chemistry in a while but IIRC you can usually find this stuff in tables.
Yes, but how are those values found?

I'm talking about finding Ksp with no other information but that which you can acquire through your own experimentation.
 

deejayshakur

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2000
2,585
0
0
sorry i forgot and am too lazy to look it up. ttt!

edit: actually, since the concentrations of the free ions in solution are needed to find ksp, you would have to find that somehow. so unless you knew the concentrations, wouldn't the answer to your question be no?
 

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
Originally posted by: deejayshakur
sorry i forgot and am too lazy to look it up. ttt!

edit: actually, since the concentrations of the free ions in solution are needed to find ksp, you would have to find that somehow. so unless you knew the concentrations, wouldn't the answer to your question be no?
Well, you know the concentrations of the solutions you titrate (with).
 

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
Actually, the concentration of the titrating solution is known, but the concentration of the titrated solution is not.

If I knew the saturation concentration of the titrated solution I could find its Ksp...