Is it okay to post nice deals from eBay auctions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lorn

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
EEK. It was just a simple question... at least I had the decency to ask, you know? I understand people's concerns and I was aware of posting your own eBay auctions but I wasn't planning to do that. Like I said, I don't even sell on eBay anymore. I completely agree that eBay is being overrun by resellers but I'm talking about deals by individuals who are just willing to let their item go for a low BIN price. Maybe I could just have a SINGLE thread with deals I've found and I could update it a couple times a day? I don't know I just thought I'd throw the idea out there seeing as how I'm watching all of these great deals go away.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Nolove.... thanks for the idea.... maybe someone will start a forum for ebay deals only... I think it'd be a good idea, but like someone said above... it would take a lot of moderators, as well as some well enforced threats to ban anyone posting a link to their own auctions.

petejk

Apr 6, 2002
i just got a viewsonic 21" crt from ebay..50 bucks...picked it up from the guy's house today.

the monitor has great resolution...way better than my pos mag monitor i got from an old ass hot deal

Feb 24, 2001
Got a Dell Latitude CSx the other day off eBay for $230 shipped

P3 500mhz, 20gb drive, 256mb ram, XP, with all drives and accesories (even Dell carrying bag)

Absolutely perfect shape, looks unused

ProfessorFate

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2001
Well if the deals on Ebay aren't any better than the deals posted here already then there's nothing to worry about.

VaG

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones

P3 500mhz, 20gb drive, 256mb ram, XP, with all drives and accesories (even Dell carrying bag)

Thanks for sharing judgedread9, but you forgot to mention that it may have an unlicensed copy of Windows XP, the battery charge only last 15 minutes, and you paid too much.

divide by zero

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2000
The links to eBay deals would ovewhelm the non-eBay deals that have plenty of product.

I'd be for a forum for posting the many-in-stock buy-it-now priced eBay deals.

dirtrat

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
He may have crapped on your thread but you see the thing is this thread had no business being posted in the Hot Deals forum in the first place. There were many other methods that you could have used to ask or find out this information. The only thing we can hope for now is a lock!

Originally posted by: NOLOVE
By the way, thanks for the thread crapping.

fcc

Aug 4, 2004
What? He wanted to know if hot ebay deals were Hot deals...which seems to be right on topic here.

Originally posted by: dirtrat
He may have crapped on your thread but you see the thing is this thread had no business being posted in the Hot Deals forum in the first place. There were many other methods that you could have used to ask or find out this information. The only thing we can hope for now is a lock!

lancer45

Dec 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Slogun
I, also, would really like to hear about low "Buy it Now" prices.

Seriously, feel free to PM or email me with any of those.

ME TOO!!!!!

lancer45

Dec 12, 2004
Originally posted by: wallsfd949
Originally posted by: Tam0
I have an idea. Let's turn this site into a post a moronic Hot Deal site.

Then next January we could have a moronic deal of the year and a moronic deal of the year poster who is the most voluminous poster.

I have a better idea, let's just crap on someone who hardly ever / never posts in Hot Deals so that no one else will want to post here. Keep those newbies away, they NEVER have anything good to offer. Infact, let's just limit new threads to posters above 10,000. Then we'd never have to worry about newbies again.

While he should have read the rules, at least he was nice enough to ask first.

WEREN"T YOU A NEWBIE AT ONE TIME?

Pothead

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2001
This is NOT the forum to posts questions.

Originally posted by: fcc
What? He wanted to know if hot ebay deals were Hot deals...which seems to be right on topic here.

thenotebook

Banned
Dec 8, 2004
Originally posted by: VaG

Thanks for sharing judgedread9, but you forgot to mention that it may have an unlicensed copy of Windows XP, the battery charge only last 15 minutes, and you paid too much.

Did pointing this out and providing a link to the ebay deal somehow make you feel like a real man?

Feb 24, 2001
Oh noes...mommy, mommy, he's trying to hurt my e-feelings!

I'll grant you that it might be an unlicensed XP copy, but I have a copy of XP Pro on there (it did come with the restore CD though). But the battery has lasted 40 minutes while I was checking out the system. So pleased with that.

And care to point out a laptop with better specs for cheaper, considering I paid too much?

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: fcc

RTFFAQ KTHX

VaG

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: thenotebook

Did pointing this out and providing a link to the ebay deal somehow make you feel like a real man?
It made me feel about as much of a real man as it made you feel a real woman by asking me that question.

I'll grant you that it might be an unlicensed XP copy, but I have a copy of XP Pro on there (it did come with the restore CD though). But the battery has lasted 40 minutes while I was checking out the system. So pleased with that.

And care to point out a laptop with better specs for cheaper, considering I paid too much?

Somehow, I highly doubt you got off with only a $6.50 shipping charge and I'm not going to sift through them to find out which ones have a stolen OS because those are free all day long, but here's a few.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: VaG
Originally posted by: thenotebook

It made me feel about as much of a real man as it made you feel a real woman by asking me that question.

Somehow, I highly doubt you got off with only a $6.50 shipping charge and I'm not going to sift through them to find out which ones have a stolen OS because those are free all day long, but here's a few.

You aren't even viewing the items are you? There isn't one there that is complete. Missing hard drive, missing caddy, missing cover, missing battery, no cd-rom, no floppy, etc.

Missing a lot more than a legit O/S...

Check the FS/FT prices on Latitudes. A CSx with 128MB and 6gb HD was $295 shipped

And shipping was $7 something by UPS. I assumed $25 as I didn't have enough time to ask the seller. Lucky me :p Look at my auctions. I don't charge more than $4 or $5 for shipping by FedEx ground.

leigh6

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2004
I sell a hundred items a week on Ebay. Would it be right for me to post them here as "Hot Deals"? NO!!! (I sell sportscards and DVD's)

I do think there is an exception. When the big retail stores like Dell, HP, Compusa, etc. sell their stuff on Ebay I think it would be OK to mention that. For example I was looking for a scanner. HP sells refurbs on Ebay and they have a 3970 for $65.00 delivered. (This is the cheapest I have seen and is kind of a hot deal for someone looking for a scanner) I think it would be ok to mention this BUT WITHOUT THE LINK!!!!

Just my 2 cents, Leigh