Is it ok to NOT like Israel but be ok with Jewish people

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Thats not what I asked ya . I said who was first inname, Gauls or Celts 1 or the other . Fact there same isn't the question. Gauls just ran further from the slavery they escaped than did the franks. Same applies to N. American indians . To escape from Central and South american indians they ran North . Escaped slaves .

Its easy to tell who the first slaves were. They couldn't escape east so the went west . Greece / Rome/ Franks / Guals . All escaped slaves.

WTF

Red Irish

Mar 6, 2009
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Red Irish
Originally posted by: Vic
I hereby proclaim that everyone who doesn't believe that the Irish people should reclaim their native homeland of France are anti-Celtic.

See how stupid that sounds? What's the difference besides the Bible? Answer: none.

Right lads, we're storming the Eiffel Tower tomorrow, Vic called it.

Vic did say France didn't he. What the hell kind of Irish are you. Whats with the WE?

Were talking Frenchy here. 2 Irish invading France is a bit overkill don't ya think . I irish should do. Were the celts Ahead of the GAULS VIC?

The Gauls were Celts, brainchild :roll: :laugh:

Thats not what I asked ya . I said who was first inname, Gauls or Celts 1 or the other . Fact there same isn't the question. Gauls just ran further from the slavery they escaped than did the franks. Same applies to N. American indians . To escape from Central and South american indians they ran North . Escaped slaves .

Its easy to tell who the first slaves were. They couldn't escape east so the went west . Greece / Rome/ Franks / Guals . All escaped slaves.

Come again?

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
Originally posted by: dahunan
I hate Israel and all that is stands for.. but I don't have a problem with Jewish people

Does that still make me some sort of anti-semite

no.

was being anti-apartheid a sign that someone was anti-Christian or anti-Caucasian - given that apartheid was the product of a Christian & Caucasian government ?

Israel has an interesting history, full of terrorist attacks on civilians and other forms of false flag attacks.

http://www.palestineremembered.com/

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Short answer to the OP's question, NO.

Israel was created to be a homeland for the Jews. Israel is surround by enemies who have repeatedly attacked it and threaten to attack again. To "not like" Israel jeopardizes Israel's existence. To deny the Jewish people of a homeland is to be an anti-Semite.

Red Irish

Mar 6, 2009
Originally posted by: Sacrilege

Israel was created to be a homeland for the Jews, which is wrong: it should be a secular state with many Jewish inhabitants, extending equal rights to all citizens, irrespective of their race or creed. Israel is surrounded by enemies, many of which it is at least partially responsible for creating and/or maintaining, who have repeatedly attacked it and threaten to attack again. Israel has also taken the initiative and attacked on many occasions. To "not like" Israel jeopardizes Israel's existence; however, to dislike Israel in its present form denotes an understanding of justice: it needs to change. To deny the Jewish people of a homeland is to be an anti-Semite, although achieving a homeland should never involve depriving another people or peoples of the same right.

Fixed that for you (my bold).

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Israel was created to be a homeland for the Jews. Israel is surround by enemies who have repeatedly attacked it and threaten to attack again. To "not like" Israel jeopardizes Israel's existence. To deny the Jewish people of a homeland is to be an anti-Semite.
<--- refixed for accuracy sake!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To tell the truth, immediate post WW2, the Brits were tired of running the Palestinian mandate, Europe needed a place to dump its own Jewish refugees it did not want, and then Lord Balfort got the bright idea to dump the Jewish refugees into a state called Israel, thus solving the how to end the British mandate problem, and the European Jewish problem at one stroke.

But from then on, the newly formed State of Israel was a tabla rosa, could have treated its mixed bag of Palestinian and Jewish residents equally, history proves they did not, and why should anyone wonder why, after 61 years, the region still hates Israel, for their behavior.

Initially one make the Arab anti-Semitic case, but when Israel still slams the door on a possible peace by continuing to settle on the West Bank, I thinks its a slam dunk to say Israel is now earning the hatreds.

Red Irish

Mar 6, 2009
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

As a lifer, you should learn how to quote other users, as a human being you should understand that the bold should not have been removed.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

As a lifer, you should learn how to quote other users, as a human being you should understand that the bold should not have been removed.

You should understand that you need to be more original and leave the sophmoric childish practice of taking peoples posts and changing them to those who actually know that they are doing!!

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: tk149
I know firsthand that many Chinese hate the U.S. government but like the American people. Does that make them anti-American?

Heck, *I* hate our government sometimes.
The disconnect between americans and the u.s. government is astounding.

*** THE U.S. GOVERNMENT CONSISTS, ALMOST ENTIRELY, OF AMERICANS ***

My next door neighbor is a state representative. He didn't come from another planet.

Some politicians act like they're from another planet (or species other than human) but they've lived in houses, in neighborhoods and were elected by their fellow americans. So, when people say the government that they elected sucks, they are, in effect, saying that they themselves suck. Time to bring moonie in...

Red Irish

Mar 6, 2009

You should understand that you need to be more original and leave the sophmoric childish practice of taking peoples posts and changing them to those who actually know that they are doing!!

Originality is overrated, you of all people should understand that, given that your mentality has progressed no further than "an eye for an eye". Who are these seers you refer to who know what they are doing?