Is It Legal to Sell Drugs On Ebay?

Shantanu

Banned
Feb 6, 2001
I'm talking about over the counter medicines, not narcotics. :p

My Dad gets lots of allergy medications like Zyrtec, Claritin, Rhinocort, Advair, etc. for free. We literally have boxes of the stuff that we throw out every year because they expire, despite all that my Dad gives out to his patients and friends for free.

So, what are the chances of me being able to make some surplus cash on the side while helping cure sniffling, sneezing Americans? :confused:

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
if they are OTC you can sell them, but if they are prescription strenght, you are SOL

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
Originally posted by: CrazyPerson
where did he get them for free?

drug reps give them out hoping your patients will like the product, and in turn you will prescribe more. and get them more money

emmpee

Golden Member
Nov 26, 2001
ebay's got a page that lists every banned item, if it's not on there, go for it

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

They are prescription drugs, and selling them would be a criminal act.

You could be charged with a felony

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Shantanu

My Dad gets lots of allergy medications like Zyrtec, Claritin, Rhinocort, Advair, etc. for free. We literally have boxes of the stuff that we throw out every year because they expire, despite all that my Dad gives out to his patients and friends for free.

So, what are the chances of me being able to make some surplus cash on the side while helping cure sniffling, sneezing Americans? :confused:

Those are all prescription strength drugs.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Yeah, if it was like tylenol or advil I'd say sure... but stuff you need prescribed?? no...

Jan 18, 2001
Even if selling them didn't break ebay's policy or the law, it would probably be illegal to ship them to many states. Also, the pharmacueticals might have a policy that prohibits selling 'samples'.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Most free samples say something along the lines of "Not for Resale." So that could break the pharmaceutical company's policy and your dad could be SOL. Plus it's illegal to sell prescription strength drugs...without receiving a prescription from a doctor of course.

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Feldenak

*cough* claritin is over the counter *cough*
yaya I know, who cares, just sayin.

Also- Dont throw them out when they expire, they still work just fine (I'm in the same boat as u, dad gets tons of samples)

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
My mom has mad allergies...send it all to me. I'll pay shipping.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Kyle
Originally posted by: Feldenak

*cough* claritin is over the counter *cough*
yaya I know, who cares, just sayin.

Also- Dont throw them out when they expire, they still work just fine (I'm in the same boat as u, dad gets tons of samples)

Ok, Claritin is OTC but Zyrtec, Rhinocort, etc... are still presription only.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Claritin is the only item on your list that is OTC. Schering's BS, overpriced prescription replacement is Clarinex. You could probably sell Claritin on eBay but somebody would sue you although the only way to injure yourself with Claritin is if you swallowed all the pills at once . . . without removing them from the bubble pack.

Sale of those other drugs would likely lead to your arrest and prosecution for violating FTC, FDA, and DEA regulations. Your father (I assume is a doctor) would likely lose his DEA license and would at least be censured by his state medical board if not lose his license.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Huh, thats funny. The ad bar to the left is advertising allergy medicine and things like that. And to all you subscribers, Dont say "what ad bar" like its clever or something.

-Xionide