Is it hard to get your car to pass inspection where you live?

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Where I live its pretty easy, if your car makes it to the inspection place it passes!

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I'm a new driver, so I've never had to get my car inspected yet, but I'm up for inspection in December or January so I'm hoping it is easy.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
No inspections, but we do have emissions checks.

Gallon of ethanol FTW? :evil:

Actually, my car passes fine without any tricks.

S

SlitheryDee

Not in Baton Rouge where I used to live. They do mandatory emissions testing there and at the time I was lacking in the catalytic converter department.

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
hah, we disabled my catalytic converter because it had a rust hole in it. Dont plan on installing a new one or anything... i dont have inspections here.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: ta8689
hah, we disabled my catalytic converter because it had a rust hole in it. Dont plan on installing a new one or anything... i dont have inspections here.

"disabled"? It's not like they have a switch or something, to turn them on or off...don't you mean "removed"?

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Here in Vancouver BC we have them, but not in most other parts of BC. It's just an emissions test which is easy to pass as long as your car is in reasonably good tune.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Nope, not for me.

But then it helps that it a old car and is grandfathered in.

It also helps the we don't really HAVE much of an inspection here in Eugene Oregon. ;)

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
I usually have to go to a few places here in NC before i find one that is lax in the window tint testing department. I have factory tint on my front windows, but it is above the NC limit. Some places just eyeball it, and it is only a few tics off, like 28% and the limit is 24% or something. other than that, i have never had any problems.

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: ta8689

"disabled"? It's not like they have a switch or something, to turn them on or off...don't you mean "removed"?

More like bent off the line that goes foreward to the engine and welded half of a pipe over the hole...

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
No emissions testing for me (1991 car). Just your basic stuff (signals, horn, lights etc)...this is from NY

VanTheMan

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
mine passes because michigan doesnt have any car inspection as far as I know of

Yup, no inspections here in MI. We just get royally screwed with registration fees. My 1991 Ford Explorer is about $85 a year and they don't pro-rate the registration. It's only good until your birthday and it's calculated by the original MSRP of your vehicle, not current KBB or NADA. I could pay $85 to register my truck two weeks before my birthday and have to pay another $85 two weeks later because my registration would expire.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Kahleeforneeya has smog testing, but no vehicle safety testing. I've lived in a couple of states that did, and always thought that while it was a PITA, it was actually a good idea. Helps to keep some of the junkers off the roads, or at least in better condition...

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
not that hard in maine. just watch out where you go, some places will rape you if you dont know anything about cars.

or you could just do what i do and get a friend/mechanic to just give you a sticker :D