Is it effective to take Creatine every other day?

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Just wanted to know if it is as effective if you take Creatine every other day instead of doing a 2 week on/off cycle. This is because I just want to give my system time to get rid of all the creatine. One of my friends knows this one really cut guy that was always on creatine and he recently had kidney failure, another had kidney stones.......these are distant people that I have never met, but the fact that they used to take Creatine scares me........

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
creatine scares me too; i've heard stories of kidney problems too. i used to take it a few summers back, stopped. if you wanna get that fit, take the extra sacrifice, have some protein shakes, weight gainers and work out with no vengence.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
oh, I already take the protein and am trying to gain weight.....but creatine is something to help me get there faster...

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Make sure you cycle it. Take it for 6 weeks, then take 6 weeks off. Make sure you drink a LOT of water while you are on it. This eases the effect on the kidneys and water in general help keep away kidney stones. You have to take the powder everyday b/c of the way creatine works. But don't always listen to the manufacturers bottles, they just want to sell you more. 4 days of loading at 15-20g per day and then I take 5-7g a day (not 10-15 like the containers often say), usually split into 2 times (morning, afternoon). Be smart about it and I believe you'll be fine.

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
why take creatine? do you actually need it? i believe there are easier ways to get your desired results without creatine.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: akodi
why take creatine? do you actually need it? i believe there are easier ways to get your desired results without creatine.
Staley thanks for ur input. Akodi, what u talkin bout?

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Spend your money on a good multi-vitamin and protein, pocket the rest.

You should get a min of 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. If you can, kick it up to 1.5 grams...do a lot more good than wasting money on creatine.

drink your water too.

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Techie333

what makes you think you need creatine? do you know exactly what it does? if you're asking questions like should i take it _ often it doesn't seem like creatine is up your alley. a clean diet and lifting heavy can do wonders.

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
wow dude, hate to tell ya but your info on creatine is way off. First cycle it 4 weeks on 2 weeks off, this keeps you from getting "rid" of the creatine, because if you want it to be effective again, you must do the loading phase again. Second, creaitine is one of the safest and most researched prodcuts out there, and studies have shown that it does not cause kidney stones, kidney stones are formed but many reasons, but the major on is not enough water, thats is your own fault for not drinking enough water, while taking creatine or not. On creatine you should up your water intake some what, that is for two reasons, one you are most likey working out, so therefore you need more water, more than 8 glasses. and second the creatine brings water into your muscles, hydrating them, so you want to keep your water balance equal. So please do your research before you bad mouth something. I have taken creatine for years and I am in the perfect health.

check out this site, it has alot about creatine i suggest anyone who thinks creatine is bad should look through it
Creatine

Dogg

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: hypersonic5
Creatine makes your penis smaller. No lie.

Personal experience?

I can just see you telling some girl "yeah, it was 14" naturally, but that was too big to manage so I took some creatine"

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999

Easier ways??

I was pretty skeptical about taking creatine. I did a lot of research and found that I was very much wrong in my understanding of it. Turns out it's been used and researched for 30+ years and has been deemed safe.

That aside, the results it garners are amazing. I upped my bench from 175 to 195 (at 4 reps) in about two weeks. My squat also jumped similarly (175 to 200; 4 reps). I followed a pretty rigorous lifting and diet routine btw. Muscletech's Celltech is the product I use.

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Chiropteran
Originally posted by: hypersonic5
Creatine makes your penis smaller. No lie.

Personal experience?

I can just see you telling some girl "yeah, it was 14" naturally, but that was too big to manage so I took some creatine"

Wow how did you know???!!!?!! :Q :Q :Q

You must be psychic!

*puts on aluminum foil hat*

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
Originally posted by: abracadabra1

Easier ways??

I was pretty skeptical about taking creatine. I did a lot of research and found that I was very much wrong in my understanding of it. Turns out it's been used and researched for 30+ years and has been deemed safe.

That aside, the results it garners are amazing. I upped my bench from 175 to 195 (at 4 reps) in about two weeks. My squat also jumped similarly (175 to 200; 4 reps). I followed a pretty rigorous lifting and diet routine btw. Muscletech's Celltech is the product I use.

I bench 195 (6 reps 4 sets) and deep squat (225 8 reps 4 sets) I don't take creatine and I weigh 127. I think people need to test their own body's max before using creatine/hgh/test1, gaining weight (lean body mass) can be achieved through diet easily, there's no need to start taking creatine just to "gain weight" there are better ways. A good protein shake, diet, and regular exercise can definitely get you the results you want.

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003

Easier ways??

I bench 195 (6 reps 4 sets) and deep squat (225 8 reps 4 sets) I don't take creatine and I weigh 127. I think people need to test their own body's max before using creatine/hgh/test1, gaining weight (lean body mass) can be achieved through diet easily, there's no need to start taking creatine just to "gain weight" there are better ways. A good protein shake, diet, and regular exercise can definitely get you the results you want.

you're 127 and you squat 225 4 of 8?? i find that hard to believe. how tall are you?

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Some of you guys need to re-educate yourself on creatine.

There is no need to cycle creatine. Creatine is plenty safe as long as you know what you are doing with it.

Here is what I suggest. "Load" by taking creatine once a day for MAYBE 5-7 days. Trust me, you'll know when this "loading" phase is complete. After this, ONLY take creatine during your workout days, as long as you're working out 3-4 days a week. No need to cycle.

You don't even have to do the "loading" phase but I did and it just got the "ball rollin" a little faster.

Don't believe me? Head on over to www.musclemag.com, sign up to the forums, and either ask the question or search for the post by Terry Giles about creatine. This guy is an absolute genius.

Edit- The one thing you guys are right about is water intake. DRINK WATER, AND LOTS OF IT! 1gallon minimum.

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
Originally posted by: jjyiz28

Easier ways??

you're 127 and you squat 225 4 of 8?? i find that hard to believe. how tall are you?

I'm 5'6".

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000

Easier ways??

A suggestion if you want to save money-
Buy 1000grams of Creatine Monohydrate ~$20
Buy a 1lb bag of Dextrose ~ $3.00 (can be purchased from a Beer Brewing Supply Co.)
Buy a 1lb of Malto-Dextrin ~ $3.00 (can be purchased from a Beer Brewing Supply Co.)

After workout- Mix 25grams of Dextrose, 25grams of Malto-Dextrin, and 5-10grams of Creatine.

For $26 you can buy a version of "Cell-Tech" that will last longer (this will last you months) and work the same. I can't remember off the top of my head if Cell-Tech has glutamine in it and what amino acids are in it but you can buy those too for much cheaper than what you get when you buy Cell-Tech.

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
Some of you guys need to re-educate yourself on creatine.

There is no need to cycle creatine. Creatine is plenty safe as long as you know what you are doing with it.

Here is what I suggest. "Load" by taking creatine once a day for MAYBE 5-7 days. Trust me, you'll know when this "loading" phase is complete. After this, ONLY take creatine during your workout days, as long as you're working out 3-4 days a week. No need to cycle.

You don't even have to do the "loading" phase but I did and it just got the "ball rollin" a little faster.

Don't believe me? Head on over to www.musclemag.com, sign up to the forums, and either ask the question or search for the post by Terry Giles about creatine. This guy is an absolute genius.

Edit- The one thing you guys are right about is water intake. DRINK WATER, AND LOTS OF IT! 1gallon minimum.

this is the best info in this thread

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jjyiz28

Easier ways??

That's impressive, but not "hard to believe".

Remember, it's all about the ratios. His ratio- 1.3. Good, the guy probably works hard, but like I said, not "hard to believe".

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Thanks guys! I now have a better understanding of the stuff. I did research it a bit. BTW, just heard some stories. I think taking it on workout days is a good idea.....