Is It Acceptable For Women To Propose To Men?

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
If you had a woman you've been seeing for a long while, and you were thinking about marriage, if she proposed to you would you say yes?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
It does make "the checks" you have to do during courtship to see if she's really into you much easier.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
More women should propose, so they can move on from their loser boyfriends that have no interest in ever committing. If marriage is something that is important to the girl.

I've known multiple women that wanted to get married and claimed they'd never stay with a guy longer than X if they didn't propose, then years later they are with the same dudes that will never propose and just keep them on the hook. The women I know in this situation are bitter about it, but won't leave them.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
No! A woman should patiently wait in her village til that special someone captures her, and takes her to the rival village on the other hill top.

I'm a big believer in old fashioned romance. The old ways are the best ways.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I have zero issues with this. Just get rid of yet another outdated gender role tradition. Whoever wants to propose, do it. What's it matter to anyone?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No! A woman should patiently wait in her village til that special someone captures her, and takes her to the rival village on the other hill top.

I'm a big believer in old fashioned romance. The old ways are the best ways.

I posted this in the "Hume" thread a couple days back but somehow it seems appropriate to re-post it here!

:D

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and lxskllr

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
If she gets down on 1 knee to propose and I say yes I would expect her to linger down there for a bit?

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
More women should propose, so they can move on from their loser boyfriends that have no interest in ever committing. If marriage is something that is important to the girl.

I've known multiple women that wanted to get married and claimed they'd never stay with a guy longer than X if they didn't propose, then years later they are with the same dudes that will never propose and just keep them on the hook. The women I know in this situation are bitter about it, but won't leave them.
Old French-Canadian saying - why buy the cow when the milk is free :p

Reactions: Zorba

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Do I get a diamond out of this?
2524200_outofpac.jpg