Is it a virus or something else???

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
So I get this e-mail from my dad the other day. It's named "Michael Petruk" and related to "irv2.com". Now, my old man is definitely an rv junkie (been window-shopping for years) so my best guess is that he picked something up from browsing such rv sites.

It sent itself out to everyone in his address book. (He uses AOL). I had him run Avira Antivir and Malwarebytes in succession and neither one came up with anything. (maybe something on the AOL-side?)

Dad was out of town the last week (when I first got the e-mail from him) and he has since had everybody in his address book ask him what the heck that e-mail was about.

Familiar to anyone?? Any ideas???

TIA!
(P.S. First e-mail had only a link in it to http://alissonwagner.com/go.my.friend.htm )

Last edited:

Lacour

Aug 31, 2009
I've never heard of that before but if you don't know the person then I guess it's a good idea not to click on the link. Did your father have an email virus scanner that picked up anything? Good anti-virus software would have found something I would have thought. Hope you figure it out in any case.

security products are available here.