Is Israel our enemy or our friend?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
Mike Harris has over thirty years experience in manufacturing, finance and technology development. After four years of applied physics at the University of Arizona and two years of economics at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Mr. Harris received an MBA in Finance from Pepperdine University, Malibu, California. From 1995 to 2000, Mr. Harris served as a technical advisor to the Committee on Science and Technology of the U.S. Congress. In his spare time he blogs @ Veterans Today website.

http://mycatbirdseat.com/2011/11/ows-primer-avoiding-tea-party-burnout/

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Any chance we can get a mod in here to clear out the Iranian news PR guy? lol

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Nations do not have friends. They have common interests.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if we ask the Haybasusa question of, does Israeli Government and the USA's Government still have common interests? The question is as hard to answer.

As for me, its in my common interests to have as many friendly neighbors as possible and as few hostile neighbors as possible.

Which is now the problem previous USA governments have created with the Israeli government. Because there is no doubt Israeli is violating the Geneva convention by building settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. But as long as the US government gives Israeli Government crazies a blank check to keep repeating their illegal activities, why should Israeli government crazies refrain from ever greater violations until the Israeli government alienates even the US public and out Government with it.

The other downside in the Israeli friendship or common interests question, lies in the fact that Israeli government policy comes at a cost. When its maybe time for the USA to move from unquestioned support of Israeli government policy to US neutrality. But when the USA uses its veto in the UN security council to veto Israeli sanction every government in the world supports, it costs the USA by alienating our allies and emboldening our less than friendly nations block.

When the wisest policy is always making close neighbors see and embrace their common interests. As I see no reason why Israel cannot become a respected and productive member of the Mid-east community.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Mike Harris has over thirty years experience in manufacturing, finance and technology development. After four years of applied physics at the University of Arizona and two years of economics at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Mr. Harris received an MBA in Finance from Pepperdine University, Malibu, California. From 1995 to 2000, Mr. Harris served as a technical advisor to the Committee on Science and Technology of the U.S. Congress. In his spare time he blogs @ Veterans Today website.

http://mycatbirdseat.com/2011/11/ows-primer-avoiding-tea-party-burnout/

Did you actually read that link? According to his own story, he was not a candidate for the Arizona gubernatorial elections. (And also not a candidate for the 6th congressional district of Arizona, incidentally.) So thanks for clearing that up for me!

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Israeli+Women+Army+Soldiers+%25283%2529.jpg

Friend of course. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quz6ndyi6Dw

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DominionSeraph, I have no problem with your smiling Israeli IDF female soldiers posing with their automatic weapons. They could look exactly like so many US patriotic US females who have joined the US military today.

But wait, is that an accurate picture of the females who have joined our US military? As we have three have count then three lily white Israeli IDF females cited in the picture. But if we pictured a cross section of patriotic US females who joined our US armed services, black and Hispanic faces may have been far more prevalent. Still as froggie now, DominionSeraph?

But still, why cite merely anaconda incidences as we can ask the better questions today.

Simply because tomorrow, many innocent new born babies will be born in Israel itself, in the West Bank, be born in Gaza. But when my problem with my US values becomes I see something very wrong when that Palestinian child equally deserving of human rights is asked by idiots like you, DominionSeraph, to accept their human rights to be raped in the land of their birth, so the same new born Israeli child can enjoy superior human rights.

As the Israeli governments problem lies in the fact that they cannot build a just Israeli government based on the rape of 35% of their population they promised to govern equally in 5/1948.

As I can also ask you DominionSeraph, if I showed you a photograph of a Israeli and Palestinian newborn child, could you tell the difference? When you to gag a maggot somehow advocate only the Israeli child should enjoy superior human rights at the expenses of the same Palestinian child who must be denied their human rights to support the Israeli master race.

But damn my US values, as our country was built and based on equal human rights for everyone. And there must be something wrong with me and right with you DominionSeraph
in advocating only Israeli children deserve human rights. Contrary to every foundation principle of the our US nation created on the principle that all men and women should have equal rights regardless of race, religion, or sex.

fstime

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2004
The Israeli lobby is said to be one of the, if not the most powerful lobby in the United States.

Israel has dumped billions into Washington, into a country that was very anti Israel for much of the 1900's. Money has changed that though.

It is obvious when during every presidential or congressional election, the topic of how much the canidate is willing to baby Israel comes up. What about the other countless countries that may need our help too, why not help them? What about genocide, disease, and starvation in Africa?

Oh that's right, they don't have powerful lobbies. The Israel/US relationship is a prime example of why we need lobbyists and money out of politics.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Israel has dumped billions into Washington, into a country that was very anti Israel for much of the 1900's. Money has changed that though.

lol. its the other way around. washington dumps taxpayer dollars over there

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Eh...if we're going to devolve in the thread, let's devolve into using pictures of good-looking women...rather than, whatever that was with the masked thing. Maybe the next poster should include some darker skinned ones, too.

Not that it makes Israel any more a friend or enemy. Israel pumps out R&D like nobody's business, and is a huge political force in the countries that helped make it (U.S. and U.K.). If we want peace, then Israel is not our friend, necessarily. Our friend, in that case, is whichever side is willing to take over the entire contested area of Israel and Palestine, but then provide amnesty and pardons for everyone they took over.

If we don't want peace over there, then Israel certainly provides more in the way of economic incentives for support than Palestine. It sucks, in terms of humanity, but it's far more true than any Jews v. anti-semites diatribe.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
But wait, is that an accurate picture of the females who have joined our US military? As we have three have count then three lily white Israeli IDF females cited in the picture. But if we pictured a cross section of patriotic US females who joined our US armed services, black and Hispanic faces may have been far more prevalent. Still as froggie now, DominionSeraph?

Simply because tomorrow, many innocent new born babies will be born in Israel itself, in the West Bank, be born in Gaza. But when my problem with my US values becomes I see something very wrong when that Palestinian child equally deserving of human rights is asked by idiots like you, DominionSeraph, to accept their human rights to be raped in the land of their birth, so the same new born Israeli child can enjoy superior human rights.

Our minorities don't suicide bomb everything in sight.

Game.
Set.
Match.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

Game.
Set.
Match.

you used to be a good little boy with your little pony show in OT. now you are seething with hatred, spewing whatever vile garble that comes out from that mouth of yours. sometimes i wonder if you have a hamster running on a wheel where your brain should be.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Game.
Set.
Match.

Our minorities in the USA still are allowed to assert their human rights, and unlike Israel are not allowed to indiscriminately murder bomb the people in other counties. As Israel hardly covers itself in glory in raping the children in Gaza and Lebanon in what amounts to illegal collective punishment that are defined as international war crimes.

Tell us again, DominionSeraph, why Israeli saw fit to bomb Lebanese Christians children who had nothing to do with Hezbollah rocket attacks against Israel. While Israel attacked, bombed , and strafed innocent Lebanese civilians for the sin of taking to the roads to flee the violence. As 4000 mainly innocent Lebanese civilians lost their lives in that collective punishment.

Or we can also ask, how did that work out for Israel? When Hezbollah had only 25% Lebanese support in 2005, and when Israel hoped their rape of Lebanon would be blamed on Hezbollah, Israel instead found Lebanese Hezbollah support tripled to 75%.

Or can the world ever forget, when Israeli jack booted thugs boarded ship in international waters containing Nobel prize winning human rights advocates, the Israeli military murdered 9 Turkish national at the cost of zero Israeli lives. And in so doing lost all Israeli diplomatist
gains in the mid-east over 50 years.

And as a measure of how far Israeli morality has has fallen, see the UN vote on 11/29/2012. As you are crazy, DominionSeraph, if you are stupid enough to say its games set and match for the Israeli rape of human rights.

How much longer can Israeli current government stupidity count on unconditional US support? As sure as God made little green apples, the USA can no longer rationally support
the irrational current Israeli crazies in charge of the Israeli government.

Which is not to say, if a better rational Israeli government is elected, peace and co-operation in the mid-east can and will become possible. Despite the DominionSeraph delusion that the only outcome possible is Israel winning everything. When there is no international law basis for that outcome other than might makes right.

As DominionSeraph ignores the fact, that like idiot governments throwout world history, who demand too much based on only military might, instead find they end up with nothing in the end. And when the current US government finds as they will inevitably will, that supporting an irrational Israeli government is stupid and too costly to US foreign policy, you will find me, Lemon Law, advocating a better alternative soft landing win win outcome with a more rational Israeli government finding a way to become a friendly and productive part of the mid-east community.

In my house I say bullshit to the contention that dogs and cats can't get along. As my wife and I have two of each who have no problem co-existing. But if my wife champions only the rights of our cats and I champion only the rights of only my dogs, I am going to have only civil war in my house.

As I say thankfully say piss on that, my wife and I are ore rational and say piss on the alternative. And I say piss on that same DominionSeraph stupidity that says either the dogs or cats must win in the end. Because rational people and animals can find ways to happily and securely live in peace.

As I can mention something else in my long history of pet ownership. As I have seldom had any problems with cat v dog hostility. And have more frequently have had problems with cats v cats having problems getting along, and more rarely have had problems with dogs v dogs getting along, And then I have a real problem, as one cat or one dog has got to go.

As the most irrational cat or dog has got to go. They can easily be replaced in my house. As I have only had to use that dracion policy but once in my long history of pet ownership. As a asshole cat refused to allow a fellow cat the right to exist. As DominionSeraph may claim the asshole cat I shipped off to the pound, was the Asshole Arabs, when my reality, when I gave both cats more time to learn to get along, it was the Israeli type cat who ended up being shipped off to the pound. And when another stray kitten showed up and became part of our household, our formerly perpetuated cat, was able to welcome another cat into the house. As our remaining cat said piss on the stupidity, just because I was abused as a kitten by a fellow cat, I am not justified in brutalizing another kitten who finds itself on our doorstep. In the same way the cat we kept appeared on out doorstep as a kitten many years ago.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The Israeli lobby is said to be one of the, if not the most powerful lobby in the United States.

It is obvious when during every presidential or congressional election, the topic of how much the canidate is willing to baby Israel comes up. What about the other countless countries that may need our help too, why not help them? What about genocide, disease, and starvation in Africa?

Oh that's right, they don't have powerful lobbies. The Israel/US relationship is a prime example of why we need lobbyists and money out of politics.
their loss.....they too could have a powerful lobby..if they cared enough...

Sep 12, 2004
The test of that question would be who would be more apt to destroy the US if they had the capability - Israel or Palestine?

Ask yourself that question. Assess it honestly, though some in here undoubtbly will refuse to do so honestly, and you will have your answer.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
The test of that question would be who would be more apt to destroy the US if they had the capability - Israel or Palestine?

Ask yourself that question. Assess it honestly, though some in here undoubtbly will refuse to do so honestly, and you will have your answer.

Israel has nuclear weapons, high tech sophisticated weaponry, smart people, some control of US media, banks, and other interests, uses deception to trick others into war (see mossad motto, uss liberty).

Palestinians have rocks, short supply of water and electricity, and heavy accents.

clearly the pals are the ones to watch out for

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Israel isn't our enemy. It's the pro-Israel lobby in the US that cares more about Israel's national interests than America's that's the real enemy.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Israel has nuclear weapons, high tech sophisticated weaponry, smart people, some control of US media, banks, and other interests, uses deception to trick others into war (see mossad motto, uss liberty).

Palestinians have rocks, short supply of water and electricity, and heavy accents.

Ignoring the school buses targeted by rockets.
Ignoring the suicide bombers
Ignoring the execution of their own people for talking to the Israelis.

Ignoring the stated willingness to exterminate all Jews in Palestine.

The ones that the Arab states refuse to allow to enter.
I agree - they are the ones to watch out for.

Sep 12, 2004

Did you miss this part of my question - "who would be more apt to destroy the US if they had the opportunity"?

I guess you did miss it because Israel, with its nuclear weapons, clearly has the capability already and has not done so. Israel does not call for our destruction, "Allah willing." So try to ascertain my question again with the above in mind.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
What the fuck is this this steaming pile of rubbish "news"?

Well, haters gonna hate, even if they have to make things up I guess.

Israeli death squads, seriously...