Is Indian food good for an upset stomach?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I started feeling sick yesterday. I didn't eat much for dinner last night and didn't have much breakfast this morning. I started getting a little appetite back so I hit the Indian buffet while I was out picking up some meds. I haven't taken the meds yet and I'm already feeling a lot better.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Indian food is usually the cause of my upset stomach. :p It's so damn good though...

Jan 18, 2001
lol yes lots of oil, spices, and cream are all good for fixing what ails you. I love indian food, but I don't think that is what caused your recovery.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
The spices in Indian food are usually pretty good at killing off bacteria and stuff. Turns it all into liquid lava ... you feel it on teh way out

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
The spices in Indian food are usually pretty good at killing off bacteria and stuff. Turns it all into liquid lava ... you feel it on teh way out

ringer stinger!

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I started feeling sick yesterday. I didn't eat much for dinner last night and didn't have much breakfast this morning. I started getting a little appetite back so I hit the Indian buffet while I was out picking up some meds. I haven't taken the meds yet and I'm already feeling a lot better.

Your title == :confused:

Don't see how it's possible, perhaps your stomach was settling and in another hour or so your ass will become a volcano, and you can post that you were wrong!

Who knows, but drink a :beer: !

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Did you have the raita? Yogurt sometimes helps an upset stomach. After that rice and idli are the only "stomach safe" Indian foods.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
I know oil wildcatters fight oil fires by using dynamite to snuff out the flames.

Maybe it is the same with a boiling stomach and Indian food?