Is Homefront worth $3.75?

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Homefront at GMG for $5
25% off with code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G
= $3.75 (activates on Steam)

The single player is apparently very short (4 hours) with mixed reviews - some decent but several very bad. The MP sounds like it was good, but it's probably dead by now.

Is this game worth $4? At a minimum, that's only $1 per hour of entertainment. :)

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I was one of the people that bought it at full price. :(

Even at the discounted price, it is not worth it. Very shallow game.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I actually just bought Homefront a couple weeks ago on sale for $5.

IMO: The multiplayer is absolutely worth it. I was really impressed with it, after everyone was was telling me it sucks (which it most certainly doesn't). It's doesn't feel much like CoD; if anything, it actually feels a lot like Bad Company 2. Large-ish, well-designed maps, tanks, helicopters, and there's even a "Rush"-like gamemode.

There's an active community still playing it (rightly so, because of how surprisingly good it is). Last time I checked there was always at least two or three servers full of people.

As for the singleplayer... I haven't tried it yet, but it's probably as crappy as everyone says. :p Granted, that could be wrong too, but Homefront is clearly a multiplayer-focused game.

My question is, does GMG sell the DLC maps? I think those are important if you want to play multiplayer, since all the servers use them. They aren't expensive; when it was on Steam sale, they were literally only like $1 each or something.

shredz

Aug 5, 2010
Yes, it's worth $4 for single player alone. It's short but fun. Didn't win any awards but for a nice SP FPS it's fine. I haven't tried the MP.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I'm not sure how anyone could say no, what's $4 really? I played through the SP twice (a year or so apart), and enjoyed it both times. Don't expect anything brilliant, but it's good for a few hours entertainment.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Went ahead and picked it up. I think I'll enjoy the MP and will pick up the DLC maps next time they are on sale.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
According to reviews, it's a fairly average game. Multiplayer seems to be it's strongest point. The Red Dawn-esque concept had potential. Too bad it's execution fell flat.