Is God taking Sides in this War?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: burnedout
I think the real question is... are sides taking God in this War?

Oh, and the idea that since we are the only superpower and we are winning this war so god must be on our side is stupid. For everyone who agrees with that I guess you should start worshipping Jupiter. The Roman Empire was larger, more power (in that time of course), and lasted a hell of lot longer than we have or will <(from what I can see).

Jupiter bless America!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: glugglug
Originally posted by: conjur
Read about God's chosen people, and how in the last days what events are going to take place.

Sorry...it did not rain for 40 days and 40 nights.

I have personally witnessed it raining continuously 24/7 for over 20 consecutive days in Tampa. I'd say its a safe bet that at some point in the last 5000 years someone has seen it actually go for 40 straight days somewhere on this Earth.
Kauai (Hawaii) . . . rains EVERY day.

However, it is not proof that we had a WORLD-WIDE flood in Noah's day . . .

BTW, "Babylon the Great" - "has a Kingdom OVER the kings of the earth" - as described in Revelation would be most likely be "Organized Religion". It's interesting that the Bible says God views it as a Whore) - if so, we can expect the "kings" to attack and destroy religion(pretty soon). :Q

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
"Oh and God, about our enemies... ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen." -We Were Soldiers

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
>>>Is God taking Sides in this War?<<<

>>>>>>>>>>Is Allah?<<<<<<<<<<<<
Aren't they "supposed" to be the "same"?

More-or-less? The differences would be between the unitarian Muslims and the trinitarian Christians . . . I guess the Muslin definition of Allah is closer to the Jew's Yahweh . . .

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: apoppin

More-or-less? The differences would be between the unitarian Muslims and the trinitarian Christians . . . I guess the Muslin definition of Allah is closer to the Jew's Yahweh . . .
If they are the same, then why are the Palestinians and the Jews fighting over a couple hundred sq. ft. of land where some temple was previously erected?

Religion....
rolleye.gif

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

If they are the same, then why are the Palestinians and the Jews fighting over a couple hundred sq. ft. of land where some temple was previously erected?

Religion....
rolleye.gif
Heck the Palestines and the Jews are "cousins". . . . they both claim Abraham as their "father". (If you read the Bible, it said the two lines would be enemies).

What do you think of the political system attacking and destroying World Organized Religion as Revelation seems to say?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ELP
Originally posted by: burnedout
I think the real question is... are sides taking God in this War?

Oh, and the idea that since we are the only superpower and we are winning this war so god must be on our side is stupid. For everyone who agrees with that I guess you should start worshipping Jupiter. The Roman Empire was larger, more power (in that time of course), and lasted a hell of lot longer than we have or will <(from what I can see).

Jupiter bless America!

LOL! So true.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: glugglug
Read about God's chosen people, and how in the last days what events are going to take place.

Sorry...it did not rain for 40 days and 40 nights.

I have personally witnessed it raining continuously 24/7 for over 20 consecutive days in Tampa. I'd say its a safe bet that at some point in the last 5000 years someone has seen it actually go for 40 straight days somewhere on this Earth.
Kauai (Hawaii) . . . rains EVERY day.

However, it is not proof that we had a WORLD-WIDE flood in Noah's day . . .

BTW, "Babylon the Great" - "has a Kingdom OVER the kings of the earth" - as described in Revelation would be most likely be "Organized Religion". It's interesting that the Bible says God views it as a Whore) - if so, we can expect the "kings" to attack and destroy religion(pretty soon). :Q

I disagree. IMO, it is most likely a Nation of great influence. I base MO on the descriptors given, specifically the economic aspect.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Heck the Palestines and the Jews are "cousins". . . . they both claim Abraham as their "father". (If you read the Bible, it said the two lines would be enemies).

What do you think of the political system attacking and destroying World Organized Religion as Revelation seems to say?
I don't really see that happening. We're not attacking Islam. And Bush is trying to bring religion more into the scene.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

I don't really see that happening. We're not attacking Islam. And Bush is trying to bring religion more into the scene.
I didn't say we were.

That's what makes it interesting . . . what could change to make the nations attack all religion . . . :Q

And the "Babylon the Great" of Revelation is a Prostitute - who else but "organized religion" is in "bed" with politics?

ANYWAY, enough of my "side trip" . . .

. . . does anyone seriously think God is taking sides in this War?

(I don't)

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
. . . does anyone seriously think God is taking sides in this War?

Who's this "God" guy? How am I supposed to recognize him based on just his first name? Or is he as famous as Madonna or something?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
First of all guys it creates a feeling of displeasure when I see people say "Yeah, we worship God and they worship Allah"

Allah is GOD in Arabic.

Much like Chico is boy in Spanish

Much like apfel is apple in German

Much like Dios is God in Spanish

If I am going to speak Arabic I will use Allah. If I'm going to speak English I will use God

"Iraq was never as prosperous as America, nor as strong, at least Hitler built a stable economy from ruins without VAST oil reserves, Saddam has done NOTHING for his people. Look you can disagree with my observations, but you can't argue with God, why else are we the sole superpower? Why does the worlds economy revolve around american markets? Why do foreigners keep using our internet? "

---Double edged sword my friend. He modernized Iraq and is the Andrew Jackson of the Mid-East (now that I think of it that is pretty much a perfect example). He brought mass democracy (to every position save for his obviously) within the sense you elected senators and representatives (nothing above those though). What he did is make Hospitals prevalent around Iraq and FREE. That is huge and obviously the Hosptials were paid for with oil. He also gave education for the masses - before then you were lucky to have a highschool and college for was the "Aristocracy". Because of him the literacy rate was 99% and people were getting a higher education.

So its a double edged sword - did good things, did bad things. But to say everything he did over his rule (which is almost over thank God) did nothing for Iraq would be a lie.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: magomago
First of all guys it creates a feeling of displeasure when I see people say "Yeah, we worship God and they worship Allah"

Allah is GOD in Arabic.

Much like Chico is boy in Spanish

Much like apfel is apple in German

Much like Dios is God in Spanish

If I am going to speak Arabic I will use Allah. If I'm going to speak English I will use God

"Iraq was never as prosperous as America, nor as strong, at least Hitler built a stable economy from ruins without VAST oil reserves, Saddam has done NOTHING for his people. Look you can disagree with my observations, but you can't argue with God, why else are we the sole superpower? Why does the worlds economy revolve around american markets? Why do foreigners keep using our internet? "

---Double edged sword my friend. He modernized Iraq and is the Andrew Jackson of the Mid-East (now that I think of it that is pretty much a perfect example). He brought mass democracy (to every position save for his obviously) within the sense you elected senators and representatives (nothing above those though). What he did is make Hospitals prevalent around Iraq and FREE. That is huge and obviously the Hosptials were paid for with oil. He also gave education for the masses - before then you were lucky to have a highschool and college for was the "Aristocracy". Because of him the literacy rate was 99% and people were getting a higher education.

So its a double edged sword - did good things, did bad things. But to say everything he did over his rule (which is almost over thank God) did nothing for Iraq would be a lie.
Actually, the Muslim Allah and the Christian God and the Jewish Yahweh are pretty different . . . as presented in the Bible and in the Koran. ;)

Actually, Yahweh is the only PERSONAL name (of the 3) . . . both Allah and God (or Lord) are TITLES (like the Hebrew Elohim or Adonay as substituted for the personal name "YHWH").

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

That's what makes it interesting . . . what could change to make the nations attack all religion . . . :Q
Don't know the answer to that one. But, one could say there is a general undertow of resentment to the fact that religion is being brought more into politics ("GOD" used in various government phrases, pledges, etc.; Creationism now being taught alongside Evolution in schools
rolleye.gif
- did you catch the Penn and Teller episode of Bullsh!t on that one!)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Don't know the answer to that one. But, one could say there is a general undertow of resentment to the fact that religion is being brought more into politics ("GOD" used in various government phrases, pledges, etc.; Creationism now being taught alongside Evolution in schools
rolleye.gif
- did you catch the Penn and Teller episode of Bullsh!t on that one!)
Missed it.

However, Revelation shows the "waters" (consistantly symbolizing the 'sea of humanity' in the Bible) the Whore sits on, get "dried up" first. Let me quote for you (Revelations 17:15-18), "the waters that you saw where the harlot is sitting, mean people and crowds and nations and tongues . . . . and the 10 horns and the wild beast will hate the harlot . . . and will completely burn her with fire . . . For God put it into their hearts to carry out His thought . . . "

Governments are always referred to as wild beasts in the Bible . . . kinda makes "sense", now. :Q

arcitech2

Apr 1, 2003
One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that
During the low periods of my life when I was
Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed You,
You would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods
Of my life there have only been
One set of prints in the sand.

Why, When I have needed You most,
You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

God is carrying all of us right now.:(

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: arcitech2

The Lord replied,
Is when I carried you."

Who is "all" of "us"?

And is he carrying us if we deliberately break his laws on the sanctity of human life?

;)

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: arcitech2

The Lord replied,
Is when I carried you."

Who is "all" of "us"?

And is he carrying us if we deliberately break his laws on the sanctity of human life?

;)

Ah, but is he carrying us when we kill evil ones to save 10 fold the amount of innocent peoples? ;)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
"Us"? The entire planet, the human race, good people, religious people, christians, born-again christians . . . Is he carrying the athiests? The Iraqis?, Saddam?

Please be just a little more specific so I can decide if I agree with you. :)

(my bed time . . . I guess I gotta wait to find out . . . I logged back in after I saw something pretty disturbing on PBS' Charlie Rose and "had" to post in my old thread . . . 'nite all)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
"Us"? The entire planet, the human race, good people, religious people, christians, born-again christians . . . Is he carrying the athiests? The Iraqis?, Saddam?

Please be just a little more specific so I can decide if I agree with you. :)

(my bed time . . . I guess I gotta wait to find out . . . I logged back in after I saw something pretty disturbing on PBS' Charlie Rose and "had" to post in my old thread . . . 'nite all)

?