Is God taking Sides in this War?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
I am watching the live speech by President Bush right now.

I noticed it opened with prayer where the soldier prayed for God to direct our leaders in this war and to protect our troops.
I KNOW the Iraqi soldiers pray to Allah for Victory.

Is God taking sides?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Is that really a question, or are you just pointing out how everyone believes God is behind them?

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Of course God's not taking sides. He hasn't taken sides for two thousand years. These days, he just watches us in amusement while we kill each other. It's like a big Jerry Bruckheimer movie to him.

Ask an nontheist a stupid question, you'll get a stupid answer. ;-)

Sxotty

Apr 30, 2002
More preciesly are you trying to get people to say that god is taking sides and then call them hypocrites for assuming they know what God wants?

In any case I say he is on our side :p

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Sxotty
More preciesly are you trying to get people to say that god is taking sides and then call them hypocrites for assuming they know what God wants?

He must be, we are winning, and America must be right about most things besides this war, otherwise we wouldn't be as prosperous and strong, obviously our endowment from God for being morally superior......

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Do I ask a "motive" for every post you make?

I am asking for a "discussion". What you believe.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
He must be, we are winning, and America must be right about most things besides this war, otherwise we woudln't be as prosperous and strong, obviously our endowment from God for being morally superior......

heh heh you guys make me laugh.

hitler? strong and prosperous for about five years? must have been his endowment from god for being morally superior.
saddam? strong and properous for about twenty years, must be morally superior too, until lately, he must have gotten god mad so he's going down.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7

He must be, we are winning, and America must be right about most things besides this war, otherwise we wouldn't be as prosperous and strong, obviously our endowment from God for being morally superior......

Yea were winning all right. This war will have more terrorists at our throats then ever before. So say.. when your little daughter gets her arm blown off from some nut job terrorist (due to the fact that his family was killed in the Iraq war and now he is seeking revenge) look towards to heavens and say "THANK GOD!"

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: apoppin

I noticed it opened with prayer where the soldier prayed for God to direct our leaders in this war and to protect our troops.

Is God taking sides?

Actually this disguists me. God doesn't exist. And if there is a GOD, Bush is going straight to hell.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: drewshin
He must be, we are winning, and America must be right about most things besides this war, otherwise we woudln't be as prosperous and strong, obviously our endowment from God for being morally superior......

hitler? strong and prosperous for about five years? must have been his endowment from god for being morally superior.
saddam? strong and properous for about twenty years, must be morally superior too, until lately, he must have gotten god mad so he's going down.

Iraq was never as prosperous as America, nor as strong, at least Hitler built a stable economy from ruins without VAST oil reserves, Saddam has done NOTHING for his people. Look you can disagree with my observations, but you can't argue with God, why else are we the sole superpower? Why does the worlds economy revolve around american markets? Why do foreigners keep using our internet?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: tec699
Originally posted by: apoppin

Is God taking sides?

Actually this disguists me. God doesn't exist. And if there is a GOD, Bush is going straight to hell.

your anti-bush feelings are obvious.

Yeah this war is going to bring MASSIVE terrorist attacks, notice how many have happened since it started alone. Are you even watching TV? Which one of the cheering, dancing, high fiving, citizens of Najaf or Kalbara is going to be the guy that blows my daughters arm off? LOL

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002

Iraq was never as prosperous as America, nor as strong, at least Hitler built a stable economy from ruins without VAST oil reserves, Saddam has done NOTHING for his people. Look you can disagree with my observations, but you can't argue with God, why else are we the sole superpower? Why does the worlds economy revolve around american markets? Why do foreigners keep using our internet?

Yea.. and everything has a beginning and a ending. Who says that were going to be the worlds sole superpower forever? Times change and countries rise and fall. America is in for a bit of a reality check.

Also.. god doesn't exist and someone should sue Bush because he just trampled on my rights as an Atheists. Hell.. if one Atheists can get the word god taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance, then I have a chance!

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999

i cant tell if you're joking here. so you're saying that hitler was blessed by god?
you're saying god only blesses countries and not individual people? im not saying iraq has been prosperous, iim saying saddam has been properous and strong for these last twenty years. according to your reasoning, saddam must have protected by god to have lasted this long with all his riches and palaces and surviving assassination attempts.

can you go down the list of highest GDP countries and say that God has blessed the top countries the most?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Paveslave
Originally posted by: conjur

God does exist, I feel sorry for you
Edited out irrelevant comments ;)

It has to be lonely "thinking" that GOD doesn't exist. Wow, this is your life live it up ...this is all you have ...this is your heaven!
Well it sure beats spending eternity with Bin Laden, Falwell and Robertson.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur

God does exist, I feel sorry for you
Edited out irrelevant comments ;)

It has to be lonely "thinking" that GOD doesn't exist. Wow, this is your life live it up ...this is all you have ...this is your heaven!

Hmm.. I guess I should belive in a religion that has enslaved and murdered Native Americans becuse the church thought that they were doing gods work. God must be a wonderful person to let all this happen, huh? The white man said "SAVE THE SAVAGES, WERE DOING GOD'S WORK." -bullsh*t

I can show you the destruction and loss of life due to peoples belief in God.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

<smelling a lock coming soon>

But...

I was raised Catholic but now feel there is no such thing as God. That 'God' is simply something created by people who lived several thousand years ago and were ignorant of science and how the world came into existence and how things worked and created a supernatural being as the answer to all.

And, yes, I am 'living it up'. I feel if I respect the land, respect the law, and respect my fellow man that I am living the way I should be. And if I have a little fun in the process...so be it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

i cant tell if you're joking here. so you're saying that hitler was blessed by god?
you're saying god only blesses countries and not individual people? im not saying iraq has been prosperous, iim saying saddam has been properous and strong for these last twenty years. according to your reasoning, saddam must have protected by god to have lasted this long with all his riches and palaces and surviving assassination attempts.

can you go down the list of highest GDP countries and say that God has blessed the top countries the most?

I can't explain God's reasoning, maybe Hitler was given his time to get back at certain people for killing someones son......;)

Either way its indisputable, God is on our side, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, the longets lasting democracy in the world, the most prosperous nation, the strongest force ever assembled. We are His chosen ones because we are better than everyone else....

I hope you can tell the joking by now....

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002

I can't explain God's reasoning, maybe Hitler was given his time to get back at certain people for killing someones son......;)

Either way its indisputable, God is on our side, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, the longets lasting democracy in the world, the most prosperous nation, the strongest force ever assembled. We are His chosen ones because we are better than everyone else....

I hope you can tell the joking by now....

Man.. you sure know how to push my buttons. I was enraged! Well anyway.. I'm not really an atheist, but I feel that God should be left out of the picture when Bush is addressing the nation.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Is God taking Sides in this War?

<burnedout-performs-retrograde-operations-in-anticipation-of-this-thread-growing-to-no-less-than-100 replies>

"Loaded" question of the week. ;)