Is GH3, just the game, coming out for PC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
Originally posted by: Wheelock
The South Park episode "Guitar Queer-O" really hit the nail on the head with that scene of the kid showing off his elite GH "skills."

Edit: Yeah, I'm a GH-hater. It just seems ridiculous for adults to spend so much money on the GH toy package when you could get a real electric guitar starter pack for not much more.

Check this out (thank you, Asian factory workers!):
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1274.html

LOL, you used the "play a real guitar" insult. You are really a dumbass when you say that. It just shows how clueless you are.

I agree with you. Its like saying playing COD were you aim an M4 with a mouse is so stupid, you should pick up a real military gun and go out in the streets ans shoot for real.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
so basically you have this little guitar and you just press buttons on it to match whats on the screen?

Yep. Just a updated version of Simon, or Dance Dance Revolution. Plenty of freeware and online flash based rhythm games availabe. Try Frets on Fire, or Stepmania.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
The South Park episode "Guitar Queer-O" really hit the nail on the head with that scene of the kid showing off his elite GH "skills."

Edit: Yeah, I'm a GH-hater. It just seems ridiculous for adults to spend so much money on the GH toy package when you could get a real electric guitar starter pack for not much more.

Fanboys don't like the truth. There's no point arguing it. Hilarious episode though.

Here's a couple. Fisher Price, I Can Play Guitar.
or for the less advanced player, String 'n Strum Guitar.

RS8

Oct 14, 2007
I'd still be playing it if I didn't get a brutal BSOD after I quit the game.

Don66

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2000
I love Rock (always have) GH3 gives me an additional weapon in my air guitar kit;)

I don't play the real thing, but this game is addicting, and my children and I have a blast playing it.

For all the haters, you either haven't given GH3 a try or you just plain suck at it:shocked:

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Yeah so instead of playing fps games i should shoot people in real life with a real gun!

Jackass.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Oyeve
Sweet, just scored a sealed game only disc!

you already have the guitar? Im very interested in this game. I wanna know if you can put some custom tracks on there, that would be awsome.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The concept is cool, I don't much like rock music though, I wish they'd make a Guitar Hero Funk edition. I like playing GH but a lot of the music makes me not want to play it.

My neighbor bought the PC version and it ran like crap on his PC, his nephew got the guitar to use on his Xbox and he sold me the game for $20 bucks. I want the black guitar Best Buy has hooked up to the xbox demo, can't find it, looks like a Les Paul, not a metal band looking one. Game sucks with KB + mouse.