Is Far Cry 4 worth $20?

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Its essentially the exact same game in a different setting, if that is worth $20 to you then go for it.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
Yeah OP for 20 bucks I don't think you can go wrong. Unless of course you're like me and buy a lot of games but never play them.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I've been waiting for FC4's price to significantly go down before buying it.

Have I missed a 20$ FC4 deal somewhere?

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
In my opinion, no. I tried it at my friend's house when I was spending the night there, and I ended up playing Diablo II because FC4 was so boring and uninteresting.

If FC3 was your cup of tea, though, you might as well go for it. I played FC3 to the end and didn't enjoy it all that much. It was passable, infinitely better than FC2, which was dumb and idiotic.

FarCry, the first one, was the only good game in the series, and the only one developed by CryTek.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Not a bad game, but the controls are a little wonky and some of the gun play just doesn't feel right. Nothing like a honey badger taking 20 rounds and still coming after you.

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
This is correct. The faux 'Far Cry' sequels can't hold a candle to the original, and Crysis was the true 'Far Cry 2'.
Indeed.

I'll say another thing about FC4: it's easy as heck.

Seriously, I played it on hard, I was running around hip shooting everyone without a care in the world. And when my idiocy got the better of me and I got surrounded by ten dudes at the same time and I died, the game resurrects me ten seconds before, easy as pie.

Granted I only played like an hour, but in Far Cry one, the very first settlement would kick your ass on very hard if you didn't know what you were doing. As any game should.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The best game in the series is Far Cry 2, but I found Far Cry 3 to be very enjoyable as well. I actually like FC3 more than Crysis/FC1.

If Far Cry 4 is the same thing in a different setting, I'm sure I'll enjoy it too.

Mar 10, 2006
Indeed.

I'll say another thing about FC4: it's easy as heck.

Seriously, I played it on hard, I was running around hip shooting everyone without a care in the world. And when my idiocy got the better of me and I got surrounded by ten dudes at the same time and I died, the game resurrects me ten seconds before, easy as pie.

Granted I only played like an hour, but in Far Cry one, the very first settlement would kick your ass on very hard if you didn't know what you were doing. As any game should.

When I played Far Cry 4, there was a glitch that allowed me to have infinite grenades in my grenade launcher near the end of the game.

Made it way easier :p

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
You can get the ending in 15 minutes. Not worth it lol.

Seriously there is a way to do that but if you actually play the game there is a lot of content, filler content, but content none the less.

IVIX1

Oct 30, 2013
FC4 felt like-

Go from point A to point B, rinse repeat.

Copy/paste of FC3 recycled gameplay...I got really bored after I did the same thing 50 times(maybe even before that). The game froze my computer numerous times as well(sli setup issues with game).

If you're into that type of thing, or are a "fan" of FC games maybe you'll like it more.