Is Far Cry 2 for PC different from console?

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Metacritic scores:

Xbox 360 - 7.8
PS3 - 8.1
PC - 5.6

What's up with that? Usually the console and PC scores are within 0.5 of each other unless something is seriously wrong like GTA 4 performance, Guitar Hero 3 performance, Bully's controls, etc. I'm just looking for a quick answer to this, not a huge essay or anything.

dj2004

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2004
There are nearly 500 user reviews for PC, meanwhile, for the consoles, the highest is almost 100. To sum it up, most of the user reviews complain about how boring and repetitive the game is, which is true.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
console gamers accept crappy games more than pc gamers?
the intelligence of pc gamers is higher than console gamers?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
console gamers accept crappy games more than pc gamers?
the intelligence of pc gamers is higher than console gamers?

Originally posted by: RIFLEMAN007
Because Halo is one of the best console games ever made???? LOL

I see a correlation!

Bottom line, I'm with pontifex, it just seems that console gamers are way, way, way more forgiving when it comes to games than are PC gamers. For whatever reason.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
They should just remove scores for them with this game and just rate them all at WTF how could they butcher the sequel so badly.

Harmattan

Oct 3, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
I liked FC2 a lot. Played the PC version.

Agreed. I'd say the official metacritic score (8.6) is about right. There's no way this game deserves as low a score as 5.5. I've played both the PC and 360 version and would say the PC is superior if you have the hardware to run it decently.

And yes, it is repetitive. However, the game looks and plays great, there is a huge list of terrific weapons. This is one of the only games in which I can play for an hour, quit, and come back to weeks later to have just as much fun.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
unless there is something different for consoles, 5.5 seems to be a right score. All the major reviews score it higher, which I found odd.

The game is boring and repetitive. It is pretty but that is about it.

There are faaar better games to play. (Fallout for example)

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
Game reviewers don't play the game for 30-40 hours a week, hours at a stretch. They get a few hours in, hop about the game some, read the references and write the reviews. That's one of the reasons that superficial games can get good reviews. That and the graft. Make the game something that looks good for 10 hours worth of play and you can get the reviewers.