Is everyone prepared for the 24-7 coverage of the 911 1-year anniversary coming up?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
damn, I can't believe it's been one year already. I'm not satisfied, there hasn't been enough ass kicking going on. Everyone's practically forgotten about it. I'm glad they're trying to keep the memory alive because in this day and age, a year is an eternity feels like an eternity with so much to do. I just hope they don't replay the footage of people dying or the buildings coming down, because it gets me everytime. The media should just be civil about it and not use it as an exscuse to sell commercial time.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The BEST tribute all the news broadcasters could do on 9/11: go off the air.

I too have had enough of it.

On another note, maybe Bush will start Desert Storm: Part II on September 11?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: yobarman
damn, I can't believe it's been one year already. I'm not satisfied, there hasn't been enough ass kicking going on. Everyone's practically forgotten about it. I'm glad they're trying to keep the memory alive because in this day and age, a year is an eternity feels like an eternity with so much to do. I just hope they don't replay the footage of people dying or the buildings coming down, because it gets me everytime. The media should just be civil about it and not use it as an exscuse to sell commercial time.

I agree, I was reading a USA Today article and it reminded just how many innocent American lives perished (around 3,400) almost 1 year ago :(

There needs to be a lot more ass whoopin' taking place.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
ugh..I won't watch any of it.

I hope it wont be like last year. For 3 fscking days, I had 59 channels of news, news and....MORE NEWS!

hopefully ATOT won't be overrun with tribute threads....

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
With $1 tickets to Vegas, don't tell me you guys are thinking about wasting 9/11 on TV coverage? I for one am going to work, but if I didn't it would be Vegas, baby :)

Aug 10, 2001
I wonder if any station will show the video of the people jumping to their deaths from the upper floors of the towers.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: cashman
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Of course. I have an ax ready to put through the TV.

-PAB

It's spelled "axe" David. Didn't you learn anything in school?! :p

Actually, you should have a comma before David. Didn't you learn anything about punctuation in school? :D

HEY! I gots an A in senior english/grammar. That aint not bad!.

:p

I keep ommitting useless letters because I'm not feeling Canadian today.

-PAB

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: cashman
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Of course. I have an ax ready to put through the TV.

-PAB

It's spelled "axe" David. Didn't you learn anything in school?! :p

Actually, you should have a comma before David. Didn't you learn anything about punctuation in school? :D

Actually, your sentence should read "actually, you should have a comma before 'David'" :D

then again, it's not like I know anything about grammar or punctuation; being an engineer and all :)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Slacker
Not a day goes by that I dont think of the thousands of people who were killed on September eleventh 2001, I want to see the face and know the name of each and every one of those people, I will never forget what happened that day because I dont want to forget. Just yesterday I read through this thread again........ http://subscriber.anandtech.com/arcmessageview.cfm?catid=38&threadid=560540

I just dug that up too and was going to post it.

What a terrible feeling reading through it...ugh. :eek::(

sugajay

Apr 2, 2001
Well my cousins birthday is on 9/11 so I'm sure it will be such a wonderful day to celebrate now. Of course we live in Canada so It won't be quite as bad.