Is everyone prepared for the 24-7 coverage of the 911 1-year anniversary coming up?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think that all the stations will be covering it non-stop Sept 10 through Sept 11.

Personally, I've heard enough during that past year and if I hear about that Tod Beamer and his wife ONE MORE TIME!...ok, be cool Brandon;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'll probably rent some DVDs or watch one of my 300+ still shrink wrapped DVDs.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I don't watch TV.

My apartment complex will pay for cable TV if I pay to get it hooked up ($26), but I haven't bothered.

No cable, no external antenna = no TV.

And no great loss.

Viper GTS

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Maybe I can use that to justify getting rid of cable and my last TV. God I hate TV. TV has made morons out of hundreds of millions of otherwise good people who might have lived decent lives.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I'm mentally preparing myself for the hours of listening to my roommate's girlfriend crying about the people she didn't know. Bleh. I'm sympathetic, but come on. And I wonder how many of the families really want to see all that crap 24-7? All the victims have been made out to be heroes, but they were people like the rest of us. There must have been wife beaters, adulterers, and what have you among them.

edit: Happypuppy and Viper sound like this guy -> link ;)

Furyline

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2001
I'm sure I'll end up seeing some of the coverage by way of channel surfing. But I'll probably end up working that day, unless there is a national day of remembrance or something like that.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Spoooon
I'm mentally preparing myself for the hours of listening to my roommate's girlfriend crying about the people she didn't know. Bleh. I'm sympathetic, but come on. And I wonder how many of the families really want to see all that crap 24-7? All the victims have been made out to be heroes, but they were people like the rest of us. There must have been wife beaters, adulterers, and what have you among them.

If you are a policeman or fireman, after 9-11 you have AUTOMATICALLY been elevated at least two spots on the social totum pole...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cashman
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Of course. I have an ax ready to put through the TV.

-PAB

It's spelled "axe" David. Didn't you learn anything in school?! :p

Actually, you should have a comma before David. Didn't you learn anything about punctuation in school? :D

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Im kinda glad im going to be out of the country. Gonna be a depressing day....

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well whatdaya know...I bring her up and there she is on Dateline...Lisa Beamer!!!!!!:disgust:

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Is everyone prepared for the 24-7 coverage of the 911 1-year anniversary coming up?

I'll do just like I did on 9-12-01

Turn off the Fvcking TV

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Well whatdaya know...I bring her up and there she is on Dateline...Lisa Beamer!!!!!!:disgust:

What do you think of Ashleigh Banfield?

She did a broadcast from Vegas while we were there last night.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Spoooon

If you are a policeman or fireman, after 9-11 you have AUTOMATICALLY been elevated at least two spots on the social totum pole...

in most cases, that's the least we should do

I overheard a discussion at lunch today. Some guys were talking about salary caps of professional (ha) sports players. One guy said "if anyone should NOT have salary caps, it's football players..they're killing themselves for the game". Then there were a few more comments. Somehow they got on the topic of the 9/11 vicitims family reparations. I didn't pay much attention to the comments, but one caught my ear. An ex-marine said "you know what the death benefit for the family of an enlisted man, like the guys fighting in Afganistan, is?...Just about $3000. Kinda makes you think those fvckin baseball stars should be paying to play" Interesting thought

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah CNN is gonna total kill this. I'm not big on tributes anyway so I imagine I won't be checking in much unless there is real "news".
You didn't sugar coat that but it's true.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
I've boycotted watching news since a day or two afterwards. I've just started seeing it again, but i guess that's going to have to end now. oh well, i don't need to know all that crap going on....