Is Crysis multiplayer popular?

Aug 9, 2007
I really like it. It can be simple as deathmatch if u want and very complex for a good team.
Powerstruggle is really nice mixture between CS and Battlefield and adds something new: When one team has accumulated 100% alien energy, the endgame kicks in, and the team can buy doomsday weapons to kill the enemies base.
Teamplay can be great too:
Binoculars can make enemies visible for teamplayers, vehicles are stronger when manned by two. Repair kits can be used to repair units in the field. VTOLs can transport snipers/nukes to otherwise impossible to reach locations etc...
The maps are pretty balanced too. Mesa e.g. is a huge map that is suited for snipers, infantry combat, tank battles and dogfights.
For me Crysis is the best multiplayer fps experience since CS Beta 3 in 1999.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
vtols and helicopters are insanely imbalanced. otherwise, lots of fun.

that and the ease of creating maps should generate alot of content over the years.

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
I don't know about you, but in instant action I just get the Power enhancement and go around punching people without picking up a single weapon. I usually get on the top 4 when i do that too....

Otherwise, crysis multiplayer isnt that great.

Aug 9, 2007
I'm currently under the top 300 players worldwide and I played Instant Action only once. after the dynamic possibilities of Powerstruggle good ole deathmatch feels like reading a tax book compared to sitting in a 3d digital cinema that runs the smellovision of StarWars.

One of the really neat features in multiplayer is the inclusion of the same hollywood physics that are in the singleplayer campaign.
Just a couple of hours ago I lay on the street with a gauss rifle when a jeep spotted me. I shot once a hit but the jeep comes straight at me. I reload, too late to get away, I fire another shot at the engine and BOOM the jeep explodes right in front of me it goes flying above and beyond me like a friggin action blockbuster. Crysis rewards both calm and strategic (sniper) and kinetic and engaging gameplay. I like that in a game.
Another hilarious moment: Bought a freezeray, and hid at a tunnel exit. I hear engine sounds and just fire the freezeray in a straight line so that the jeep runs through it. The jeep vaporizes and the driver sits on the ground still holding the nonexistent wheel. I walk towards him and hasta la vista. I froze 5 jeeps in a row until they realized what had happened. ah the fun!

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
Well, the game just hit 1 million sales today, which isn't too bad. But I have a feeling a lot of people never bother to spend enough time on the multiplayer, which can be daunting at first.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: CottonRabbit
Well, the game just hit 1 million sales today, which isn't too bad. But I have a feeling a lot of people never bother to spend enough time on the multiplayer, which can be daunting at first.

worldwide sales?

either way, GJ crytek, hope crysis has brought you guys fortune and success :D

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Do you mean 100k? I find a million very hard to believe, considering it was just under 100k only a few weeks ago.

MetaDFF

Mar 2, 2007
Those digital sales of Crysis must be huge because didn't even break top 10 in 2007.
The 10th place game sold 236k.

Top 10 PC Games of 07

I guess it makes sense since the PC gamers are more tech savvy so they will go the digital distribution route instead of the brick and mortar store.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I tried it once and got sick of it. There's a lot of base-raping, balance is questionable and just something about it. I would compare it to the Battlefield series minus most of the balance and fun.

Oct 30, 2004

1 million PC game sold or is that 1 million PC + console?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper

1 million PC game sold or is that 1 million PC + console?

Crysis is PC only.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: frythecpuofbender
I'm currently under the top 300 players worldwide and I played Instant Action only once. after the dynamic possibilities of Powerstruggle good ole deathmatch feels like reading a tax book compared to sitting in a 3d digital cinema that runs the smellovision of StarWars.

One of the really neat features in multiplayer is the inclusion of the same hollywood physics that are in the singleplayer campaign.
Just a couple of hours ago I lay on the street with a gauss rifle when a jeep spotted me. I shot once a hit but the jeep comes straight at me. I reload, too late to get away, I fire another shot at the engine and BOOM the jeep explodes right in front of me it goes flying above and beyond me like a friggin action blockbuster. Crysis rewards both calm and strategic (sniper) and kinetic and engaging gameplay. I like that in a game.
Another hilarious moment: Bought a freezeray, and hid at a tunnel exit. I hear engine sounds and just fire the freezeray in a straight line so that the jeep runs through it. The jeep vaporizes and the driver sits on the ground still holding the nonexistent wheel. I walk towards him and hasta la vista. I froze 5 jeeps in a row until they realized what had happened. ah the fun!

Well, damn. You just sold me on Crysis as soon as I upgrade to a rig that can run it. :thumbsup: