Is bustamante racist?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
First link

a public figure already known to have used a racial epithet in the past (he infamously used the word ?ni**er? while addressing a Black History Month event two years ago) get a pass?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Is Mark Furman racist?
Anyways, who cares what that little cable news attention whore has to say?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Is Mark Furman racist?
Anyways, who cares what that little cable news attention whore has to say?

Yup.

Don't know anything about her but I'm more concerned about bustamante's views since he is the front running Democratic candidate.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
OK, lets assume he on purpose used the N1gger word at a black-history month banquet speaking to an afroamerican labor group.
Does that make sense? Not to me. I think he just misspoke. Maybe he was listening to DMX in the morning or something ;)

csf

Banned
Aug 5, 2001
I think the complaint is that minority groups/PC types are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because his political views are in line with their own, but certainly would be all over a faux pas by someone whose views they did not share. It's like the way Byrd's past KKK links aren't dragged up again and again, but Lott's stupid (but likely not racist) remarks brought such a backlash that he lost his leadership position, which does raise concerns of hypocrisy. I think people should be forgiven for making dumb slips of the tongue unless it can be proven conclusively that the person actively has pushed a racist agenda (sorry folks, but voting against affirmative action or minor provisions in broadly titled Civil Rights bills does not constitute that). There just needs to be some consistency in actions, not favoritism.

Same thing for the MeCHA issue. While the media has been good about Arnold's "sins of the father," it's also important to realize that Bustamante still has active ties to an organization that has some divisive race-based views. I'm not saying they should crucify him for it, but it's very disappointing that the media has not even brought out the issue for readers to decide on their own.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
bustamonte sucks. he's gonna fvck this state up even more with his illegal-immigrant friendly policies. he doesn't care about our interests. he works for the special interest groups. he is just another career politician like davis.

there are better democrats than davis and bustamonte, they both suck. I'd pick Willie Brown over them if he was running as a democrat. what's with parties putting dumba$$es in power these days?

arnold pwns them all.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: csf
I think the complaint is that minority groups/PC types are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because his political views are in line with their own, but certainly would be all over a faux pas by someone whose views they did not share. It's like the way Byrd's past KKK links aren't dragged up again and again, but Lott's stupid (but likely not racist) remarks brought such a backlash that he lost his leadership position, which does raise concerns of hypocrisy. I think people should be forgiven for making dumb slips of the tongue unless it can be proven conclusively that the person actively has pushed a racist agenda (sorry folks, but voting against affirmative action or minor provisions in broadly titled Civil Rights bills does not constitute that). There just needs to be some consistency in actions, not favoritism.

Same thing for the MeCHA issue. While the media has been good about Arnold's "sins of the father," it's also important to realize that Bustamante still has active ties to an organization that has some divisive race-based views. I'm not saying they should crucify him for it, but it's very disappointing that the media has not even brought out the issue for readers to decide on their own.

it's not arnold's fault that his dad faught with the wehrmacht while bustamonte is still tied to a racist group. no one says anything about that. it'd be pretty bad publicity for bustamonte. what bustamonte did/does is so much more offensive than what trent lott said.

the last thing we need is a racist as the governor of california. shove that tough love up your a$$ bustamonte.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alphatarget1
Originally posted by: csf

it's not arnold's fault that his dad faught with the wehrmacht while bustamonte is still tied to a racist group. no one says anything about that. it'd be pretty bad publicity for bustamonte. what bustamonte did/does is so much more offensive than what trent lott said.

the last thing we need is a racist as the governor of california. shove that tough love up your a$$ bustamonte.
What proof do you have that he actuallt said that or that he belongs to a Racist group beside that Ultra Right Wing site?

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Depends on what context he used it in and I did not know that minorities could be racist ;)

Was he giving a shout out to all his nig*, reciting NWA rhymes "I'm a nig*, he's a nig*, we's some nig*, wouldn't you like to be a nig*, too."

or was he using it s a put down. I've used it before and even called some people it before, but it was not because of the color of their skin it was because of their behavior. I will call Kid Rock & Joe Dirt wannabe's Trailer trash or wigga's as well.

I'm prejudice against anyone that is born into a bad position in life, have the means to lift themselves out of it yet choose to stay there. Hell, one of my best friend's is trailer trash, has a wife and 2 kids about 30 and still lives with his mom in a trailer. I grew up with him as my next door neighbor as a child and we attended the same schools. He opted for the easy route and I chose the road less traveled.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i suppose being a member of an organization advocating armed conflict to return lands from texas west to the pacific to mexico is a good thing for your resume

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
What proof do you have that he actuallt said that or that he belongs to a Racist group beside that Ultra Right Wing site?

The fact that his Mecha association is not on any mainstream news websites is further proof of the liberal media bias.

Why won't Big Al Sharpton criticize Bustamante? Is it because he's a democrat? Hmm. I would bet dollars to donuts that if Cruz was named Chris and he was Irish instead of Mexican, Republican instead of Democrat, big Al would be all over it.

African-American ministers in the Los Angeles area made an unsuccessful effort last week to get the Rev. Al Sharpton to attack Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante, the possible Democratic replacement for Gov. Gray Davis, for accidentally using the ''N-word'' two years ago.

Speaking in Oakland in January 2001 to an African-American audience, Bustamante stumbled in reading a long list of historic black organizations bearing the word ''Negro'' and said ''n*gger.'' Some black leaders criticized the lieutenant governor even though he apologized profusely.

Sharpton called Bustamante this week and was satisfied by his explanation of the 2001 incident. The ministers who wanted the black presidential candidate to attack Bustamante are close to Davis, whose chances for beating the recall would improve if there were no viable Democratic alternative.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
B profoundly and profusely apologized for that remark. I believe his apology was accepted as genuine by those to whom he spoke.

Racial language over time and with the passing away of the deepest kinds of racism persists as words with the power to hurt. People, for example, are always calling somebody a Nazi. Doesn't mean they're saying they are party members.

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Is bustamante racist?

using the same standards placed on republicans by democrats, yes bustamante is a racist.

... but this is just another example showing what hipocrits democrats are.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
B profoundly and profusely apologized for that remark. I believe his apology was accepted as genuine by those to whom he spoke.

Racial language over time and with the passing away of the deepest kinds of racism persists as words with the power to hurt. People, for example, are always calling somebody a Nazi. Doesn't mean they're saying they are party members.

Wow...so easily pacified when the person doing the offending is a democrat, eh, MB?

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Wow...so easily pacified when the person doing the offending is a democrat, eh, MB?

Nice :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

Please try to respond to what is posted instead of you knee. I said I believe his apology was accepted as genuine by those to whom he spoke. Your logical options were to show me 1. that my belief is incorrect, that the group in front of whom he spoke did not accept his apology, or B. that they were excessively easily pacified. How your preconceived minds will muster the objectivity to determine the truth of the latter, I can't imagine.

Galt, are you some kind of closet groupie or something. You tout your independents of thought yet travel the threads giving drippy moral support. Nice, I like you, and so on. Aren't the ideas you like sufficient on their own that you don't need to huddle. Are you insecure out here alone. Put some God Damned substance in your support. ;)

Jan 12, 2003

Please try to respond to what is posted instead of you knee. I said I believe his apology was accepted as genuine by those to whom he spoke. Your logical options were to show me 1. that my belief is incorrect, that the group in front of whom he spoke did not accept his apology, or B. that they were excessively easily pacified. How your preconceived minds will muster the objectivity to determine the truth of the latter, I can't imagine.

Galt, are you some kind of closet groupie or something. You tout your independents of thought yet travel the threads giving drippy moral support. Nice, I like you, and so on. Aren't the ideas you like sufficient on their own that you don't need to huddle. Are you insecure out here alone. Put some God Damned substance in your support. ;)

Ve-ry nice!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Ve-ry nice!

Thank goodness, I wasn't too sure.

povertystruck

Aug 19, 2003
As I understand only negroes can call negroes n!ggers, white people are not supposed to. Maybe he was overly confident and contrasted his ownership of the vote with the black community.

Maybe he was listening to to rap music while on drugs, and forgot who he was. Maybe he was daydreaming thinking himself as plantation owner. who knows why? Will he win? If I could I would vote for arnold.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i suppose being a member of an organization advocating armed conflict to return lands from texas west to the pacific to mexico is a good thing for your resume

Yeah, that's the thing I can't understand. I couldn't trust someone like that to run my state.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
I said I believe his apology was accepted as genuine by those to whom he spoke.

No, not all accepted his apology. That's why they called Al Sharpton for assistance.