Question is Asus Ex A320M gaming a inherently faulty motherboard or it is my fault.

seriouseditview

Mar 7, 2022
Asus Ex A320M, is an inherently faulty motherboard. (From Experience NOT ONCE BUT THRICE)

My config is

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Motherboard: Asus Ex A320M gaming

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 1 X 8GB

Graphics Card: Gtx 1050Ti - Zotac Mini

PSU: 1st Corsair vs 550, 2nd Antec Atom 550, 3rd Again Antec Atom 550, and now Ant Esports 500 (The reason I had to change this many PSU was because of PSU failures, PSUs just burst while working, I keep my PC turned on 24/7, since my work is based on that, except during periods of sleep, I leave it turned on even if I go out).

In the first nine months of the purchase, the PC was working fine then one rainy day when I tried to start the PC, the led lights on the motherboard turned on but on pressing the Power button on the CPU case the fans would not run with no post.

Then I found that on exposure to sunlight, it does turn on.

From then on If I have to turn on the PC after like 4-5 hours, It will not turn on, the LED on the motherboard will glow, but fans will not run and no post, so every single time I had to expose the whole PC in sunlight by keeping the whole PC case outsight in the warm sunlight for 10-30 minutes, then I have to bring it back into the home to turn it on.

This went on for like 1 year 2 months(in the meantime the Corsair PSU just burst while working which I replaced with Antec, which too got burst after a long time, the time for which Antec worked fine was till its warranty period got over so I could not apply for a replacement for Antec), after which even after exposure to sunlight the fans will start running, but there would be no display on the monitor on the Graphics Card port as well as the Motherboard's HDMI port. , I thought it might be the monitor's fault, which I checked by connecting the HDMI cable to laptop the display appeared on Monitor, so Monitor is not the fault here, now I came to the firm conclusion that it is the motherboard which is the faulty one since it was still under warranty, I applied for a replacement, the replacement might take a month or two, so I purchased the SAME EXACT MOTHERBOARD again (I did that because I was not interested in again reinstalling my windows, since changing a different motherboard, may force me to reinstall the OS again),.

Now, the above description is the 1st Experience.

Now the recently purchased Asus Ex A320M gaming worked well for like 3-4 months, again the same problem appears which is- LED on the motherboard will turn on, but on pressing the power button on the PC case the fans won't run, and no post. So again I had to keep the PC in sunlight, for 10-20 minutes, to turn it on, it went on for few months and again the final problem, which is - even after keeping in PC the fans would run but no display on the monitor on the Graphics Card port as well as the Motherboard's HDMI port.
So this is the 2nd Experience

Still, it is under warranty I will apply for the replacement soon, but in the meantime, I replaced it with 1st RMA replaced the motherboard, which again worked well for a few months, and it will not turn on after 4-5 hours unless exposed to sunlight, so I can take it for granted that within few months I will face the SAME EXACT issue of no display on the monitor on the Graphics Card port as well as the Motherboard's HDMI port.
So this is the third experience.

Also every single time I turn on the PC after exposing it to the sunlight I found the time is lagging behind, the lag depends on how much time it was in the OFF state.

So It is quite abundantly clear that the Motherboard Asus Ex A320M gaming is inherently faulty or maybe it is not optimized to work in the South Asian climatic conditions.

I never overclocked my CPU

I never overclocked my GPU.

My brother played a bunch of AA games(for the past years), but it was never overclocked.

The most I did was to increase the fan speed of GPU to 100% using MSI afterburner while playing Red Dead Redemption 2, that too I restored it back to normal once the game was completed.
Also, I forgot to mention my Graphics Card too went faulty I was replaced with a brand new one since it was under warranty. It has been like 8-9 months since it was replaced.

Last edited:

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Sounds like moisture is getting in the PC. Where do you have the PC located? Near any windows? What case do you have? Do you see any signs of corrosion on any parts, either rust colored or chalky white perhaps?

Reactions: seriouseditview

seriouseditview

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks for the response
Sounds like moisture is getting in the PC. Where do you have the PC located? Near any windows? What case do you have? Do you see any signs of corrosion on any parts, either rust colored or chalky white perhaps?
Yes I can see the few metallic parts in my graphics card rusted(not that much), and the PC case too rusted slightly on a few areas, there are three windows in the room where the PC is placed, but the PC case itself is quite far from those windows, and adjacent to PC there is a bathroom, which is very rarely used, but I will say this, the dust formation is quite a lot, that even on the mouse pad, the top layer of the PC case, landline, etc. after a few days or week the layer of the dust formed is easily visible to the naked eye, since the room is very near to the road. When we touch the surface we can feel the dust.

What case do you have?
My case is Antec P7 Window,

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Yes I can see the few metallic parts in my graphics card rusted(not that much), and the PC case too rusted slightly on a few areas, there are three windows in the room where the PC is placed, but the PC case itself is quite far from those windows, and adjacent to PC there is a bathroom, which is very rarely used, but I will say this, the dust formation is quite a lot, that even on the mouse pad, the top layer of the PC case, landline, etc. after a few days or week the layer of the dust formed is easily visible to the naked eye, since the room is very near to the road. When we touch the surface we can feel the dust.

My case is Antec P7 Window,
If you have rust in the case there is definitely a problem with moisture and that could certainly cause the failures you are seeing. Typically the heat and airflow inside a case would eliminate any moisture. Do you have a liquid cooler on your CPU? Or is it air cooled? Is your case on the floor by chance? Is there carpet on the floor? Do you have any way to measure the level of humidity in the room? Looking at your case it appears that the front is blocked with the exception of some vents on the edge of the case. This is restricting the airflow in the case. How many fans do you have? You could try running the PC with the front of the case off to allow better airflow.

seriouseditview

Mar 7, 2022
Do you have a liquid cooler on your CPU? Or is it air cooled? Is your case on the floor by chance?
I just use the stock cooler.
Is your case on the floor by chance? Is there carpet on the floor? Do you have any way to measure the level of humidity in the room?
Both PC case and the monitors are kept side by side on a wooden table. So the PC case is above the floor.
How many fans do you have?
A fan at the back of the case, and another in the front.
You could try running the PC with the front of the case off to allow better airflow.
I will try that.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestion and help.