Dec 26, 2004
Pre-order? Check.
Brand New Rig? Check.
3 12 packs of Dr. Pepper? Check.
7 days of non-stop LAN party!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Dr. Pepper? Get with the times man. Mountain Dew at a minimum and real gamers go with energy drinks or nothing.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Dr. Pepper? Get with the times man. Mountain Dew at a minimum and real gamers go with energy drinks or nothing.

What? No beer?

Incidentally, since Age of Conan is focused on PvP it will most likely be a worthless mass of 12 year old kids after 3 months. So, no, I won't be investing any money, time, or effort into the game.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
I agree beer would be the best but having THIS much free time and being 21 or older would be quite disturbing.

Age of Conan looks pretty good, too bad it's a MMORPG (literally the worst genre for me).

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
I am definitely going to at least give it a shot. I played WoW for about two years before getting bored. This was even before the exp pack. So I am ready for something newer and edgier.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I like Dr. Pepper. I like Mountain Dew (all the flavors, even Halo Orange). I like some energy drinks. I don't think I'll be playing any more MMOs because they suck the life out of me.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

both Mt Dew and Dr Pepper might as well urin because thats what they taste like

Naeeldar

Aug 20, 2001
Honestly I'm not sure if I can play a MMORPG anymore. I loved EQ and played it for years but now at 24 I just don't have that kind of time.

I am looking forward to AoC and Warhammer and I may give them a try but I don't have that kind of free time anymore.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis

How do you know what urine tastes like? :(

Still undecided on AoC myself.....

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I'm on the fence, I really don't want to play MMO's any more, it's been a couple years and I haven't missed any part of it.

That being said, I do like the universe and I do like Funcom, so.....

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
Probably not. Left EQ2 last year and just stumbled onto LoTRO. Pretty much fulfills my online RPG needs in the few hours I have to play each week.

SPARTAN VI

Oct 13, 2005
I found beer only goes well with social gaming in "real life." I can't imagine playing online and drinking a beer, because in reality I'm still alone and being a lonely drunk is lame sauce. Otherwise hand me a Hieneken, Boddingtons, or New Castle!

On topic, I've taken a close look at AoC, think I might go for it. I'd like to stay away from MMO's because I've seen what WoW has done to my sister. I think I have more discipline than my sister, but life doesn't allow me to plug away for hours up until 6AM like my sis.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer

What? No beer?

Incidentally, since Age of Conan is focused on PvP it will most likely be a worthless mass of 12 year old kids after 3 months. So, no, I won't be investing any money, time, or effort into the game.

12 year olds can purchase rated 'm' games and pay for them monthly?

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I'm not even going to touch Conan. Nothing new or innovative from what I've seen. It might be a good game, but to be honest, I'm sick of fantasy MMO's. Bring back more Sci-Fi!

Eve filled my void for a while, but I don't have quite that much time to dedicate. I need me some Universe of Starcraft :p

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Originally posted by: SPARTAN VI
I found beer only goes well with social gaming in "real life." I can't imagine playing online and drinking a beer, because in reality I'm still alone and being a lonely drunk is lame sauce. Otherwise hand me a Hieneken, Boddingtons, or New Castle!

On topic, I've taken a close look at AoC, think I might go for it. I'd like to stay away from MMO's because I've seen what WoW has done to my sister. I think I have more discipline than my sister, but life doesn't allow me to plug away for hours up until 6AM like my sis.

Beer doesn't EVER get you drunk (it's very unlikely unless you drink a lot), you drink it for the taste not the alcohol, if anything the small amount of alcohol actually relaxes you a lot so it's great for chilling out.

I don't like MMOs one bit but AoC looks pretty great, if it was a single-player RPG I would jump on it.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer

What? No beer?

Beer just makes me crash after a couple hours.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003

<-- regular Folgers Classic Roast coffee drinker, guess I have old fashioned tastes.

jorken

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I like the IDEA of MMO's and I like what i've seen from AoC so far... I'll probably give it a shot but for some reason I think i'll end up disappointed. More then likely that will be due to the botched grinding and lack of personalization that comes with a MMO.

The best semi-MMO experience I had came with NWN. If you found a banging persistent story RP world where DM's and developers catered to the players and kept the grinding/kiddies/uBer power items in check you had it made. IMO anyway.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I plan to try AoC. Cant decide wether to preorder or not though. I figure Ranger as a main and some big burly fighter type as a second.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: chizow
Originally posted by: Anubis

How do you know what urine tastes like? :(

lost a bet