Question Is an i7 12700k ok to pair with a 3080ti for gaming? or do i need an i9?, i will have 32gb of 5600 DDR5

spurthole

Nov 21, 2022
I'm a complete novice, but i've decided to try and build a gaming pc. I really appreciate any advice.

spurthole

Nov 21, 2022
Thanks for the reply, I've bought the DDR5 so, yeah.
Is this power supply ok? It's CorsairHX1000I ?
And also, should i get a radiator cooler or a fan and heatsink for my CPU?
Thanks very much for your help.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Ok, so take what you have in mind and throw it into PCPartPicker.com to build it out and check compatibility. There should also be some reviews for the parts you're considering.

I'm running an air cooler on mine but I'm not using a GPU that heats up the case either. I run my system 24/7 as a router and other functions though. I would start with se226-xt for under $50 and see how the temps are before diving into an aio. ID cooling makes graphite pads that keep mine running at room temp most of the time and under load around 50C. I've used them on 4 different systems now and they work well.

spurthole

Nov 21, 2022
Ok, so take what you have in mind and throw it into PCPartPicker.com to build it out and check compatibility. There should also be some reviews for the parts you're considering.

I'm running an air cooler on mine but I'm not using a GPU that heats up the case either. I run my system 24/7 as a router and other functions though. I would start with se226-xt for under $50 and see how the temps are before diving into an aio. ID cooling makes graphite pads that keep mine running at room temp most of the time and under load around 50C. I've used them on 4 different systems now and they work well.
Ok, i'll do that, thank you