Is America Becoming an Empire and is this at our peril?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: hagbard
Originally posted by: hagbard
Originally posted by: SnapIT
Originally posted by: etech
You didn't become eurotrash until you started whining like one.

That's a pretty idiotic statement to make that the ENTIRE world thinks the US was wrong for ending the war with Japan as quickly as possible and with fewer causalities then the alternative. But hey, it's your statement. PROVE IT.

Actually, YOU think it is an idiotic statement, 5 billion of people think not...

You are stupid, did you know the alternative, it was firbombing, and it would have taken half the cost, and about 10% of the ones who have been hurt...

Of course, you did not know that... you just follow what you are told, just like any nice little puppy...

I bet that is what annoys you puppies, that we are bigger, stronger, faster, and that we actually find the truth while you are still yappin...

I guess you dont know how many lives were lost in Dresden do you? Firebombing killed as many if not more than the nukes did.

Not even close.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. You really should bone up on your history.

Nagasaki/hiroshima ~230,000 dead within a year.
linkage

Dresden ~135,000 killed in firebombing feb 13, 1945
Tokyo ~124,000 killed in firebombing march 9, 1945
linkage

looks like a close race, with firebombing in the lead.

You said Dresden then firebombing....hence you meant Dresden. And the numbers I've been able to come up for that city is under 50,000.

Feel free to share your links.

Link 1

Link 2

Here is one that I just found that gives a figure greater than yours:

Link 3

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
What "diversion"? This part of the discussion revolved around when I believe the US abandoned isolationism, I said the Spanish American war, someone else thought WWI.
Ah, well it appears I mixed up this thread with the 'smoking gun' Iraq thread. As for your constant diversions, let's uproot all of those accusations and apply them to the 'smoking gun' Iraq thread, where I've asked you to answer my question about three times now without a response.

I apologize for getting the two threads mixed up. My bad.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It took 10 years to finish reading the OP, sorry it took so long to respond.

My opinion is that we are not an Empire but a mild mannered republic.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Necro-Troll ?? ;)

troll-face3-700x421.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: FelixDeCat

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not by definition, since we don't have an emperor. ;)
(And if someone tried to become one, then everyone would be quite glad for the 2nd Amendment; but of course, if anyone did that, they'd probably have control of the military first, so we'd all be screwed.)
hmm, not exactly prescient, this. :D

One wonders if "A5" from 2003 has the same thoughts as "A5" from 2020, wherein it indeed was the "proud 2nd amendment people" that enthusiastically welcomed and tried to install the would-be emperor as head of our nation, ending the United States.

One truly wonders....because I certainly know many such "2nd Amendment" people were making the same argument prior to 2015, then magically reversed themselves without the slightest shame.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm pretty sure at least SOME of the "old-timers" accounts reviving random ancient threads have been "hijacked".

Not like there's any really reliable way to catch/prove it though. :rolleyes: