Is America a joke now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
Well, no. Frankie Boyle did a rather good slaughtering of the US. https://youtu.be/lPTUqy1utdM?t=23

Easy way to sum it up:

"...This is a country of people, who not only don't have healthcare, they don't want healthcare, and they're angry if someone offers them healthcare."

What we don't want is some lunatic like Obama imposing Health care on people, if i don't want or want to choose my health care is my business

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What we don't want is some lunatic like Obama imposing Health care on people, if i don't want or want to choose my health care is my business

Correct. You are the AT poster child for the failure of our healthcare system, RankR.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I believe America is now the punchline for the rest of the world, however, they are only laughing because they are nervous.

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
YEA!! And stop educating the children, if I want my kids to get some fancy book learnin' I'll smack em with the bible, just like my pappy did to me.

You have to be kidding;talking about education!,Obama administration loons have the highest rate in education failures in these 8 years of office,most Americans became uneducated and all they teach is how to hate,
this is what they learn in school.As******

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK4KGUVEs3Q

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You have to be kidding;talking about education!,Obama administration loons have the highest rate in education failures in these 8 years of office,most Americans became uneducated and all they teach is how to hate,

Your post and the comments on that video are sterling examples of education failures, to be sure.

Feb 16, 2005

clearly they failed you. but if you listen carefully, only one candidate stated he embraced ignorance

He's got the smartest people, he has the best brain, perhaps he can share.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

LOL! Are you a real person?

We've been a bit of a joke for a long time but now it's not even funny anymore. Trump winning was like finding out your big brother does cocaine and despite that he still gets to boss you around because he's older. It's a stupid reason he should get to be in charge, nonetheless those are the rules.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Mr. Ramiro, thanks for the lulz.

Sadly for america, this is the next 4 years of our lives.

Yay.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Has been for a good long while now. The land of the free that props up violent, rapacious dictators throughout the world?

It's a continental oxymoron, that just decided to elect the American stereotype to lead it.
Says the guy who enjoys the fruits of an empire so vast that it proudly boasted that the sun never set on it while pillaging and plundering the world like no other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-war-concentration-camp-mau-mau-a6821756.html
Between 12 and 29 million Indians died of starvation while it was under the control of the British Empire, as millions of tons of wheat were exported to Britain as famine raged in India.

In 1943, up to four million Bengalis starved to death when Winston Churchill diverted food to British soldiers and countries such as Greece while a deadly famine swept through Bengal.

Talking about the Bengal famine in 1943, Churchill said: “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits.”

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Says the guy who enjoys the fruits of an empire so vast that it proudly boasted that the sun never set on it while pillaging and plundering the world like no other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-war-concentration-camp-mau-mau-a6821756.html

What's the term for this? Whataboutism? Dare point out America's sordid dealings, and you're the one at fault for pointing it out. Classy.

Since you seem rather morally bereft, allow me to initiate.

The British Empire, colonizing, pillaging and raping Africa, is evil. It's a good thing it has long since been thrown to the annals of history.

The enslavement of Indians was wholly evil. We sought to have a cheap, disposable army of lackies and recreational broodmares. The people who orchestrated that debacle should have been ended with a blunt, rusted machete.

During the occupation of former Nazi territory, at the end of WWII, we were more than happy to join in with the raping of the Japanese and Germans, hand in hand with the Americans. It's a shame that the allied forces just poo-poo'd away our warcrimes. Good ol' boys will be boys attitude.

We played no small part in propping up Gadaffi. A violent, rapacious dictator that was in bed with both us, and you Americans. We were more than happy to fund, arm, instruct and train the regime. It's only when he got uppity about the Dinar that, suddenly, we decided he was a bad man that had to be slain.

Saddam Hussein? Your homeboy, but we built Abu Ghraib. The soldiers that raped, molested and tortured in that institution...I wouldn't shed a tear if they were on trial, with execution being the result if guilty. And don't get me started on Tony Blair, the bedfellow of George Dubya.

Etc. etc.

See, this is another important reason, as to why Americans are a joke. When presented with the reality of your country's actions (rape, slaughter, sex slavery, segregation, invasion, propping up dictators, and on, and on, and on), you deflect.

"America is the greatest country in the world! Look at what you have done, how dare you blaspheme against us!"

So much for that American exceptionalism. First it was the moral land of the free, but when that came into question, it's the "Well everybody else does it too!" land of the see-no-evil-hear-no-evil patriots.

Whoop dee fucking doo.

Reactions: ivwshane

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
what the fuck

You want to know?,Ok , it means as-holes.

You want to know more,the Obama care is a copy of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro,that's why Obama/Hilary the Crook got so friendly with Cuba,also Obama/Hilary the crook are so friendly with Mexico Drug dealers and cartels that he gave pardon to a bunch of criminals that sold guns and drugs to our kids,that's why they had a high rate failure in school education too much pot,and has legalized drugs all over the country. What a bunch of F******* dam people these Libertarians/liberals are,you should be ashamed of yourselves loons

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You want to know?,Ok , it means as-holes.

You want to know more,the Obama care is a copy of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro,that's why Obama/Hilary the Crook got so friendly with Cuba,also Obama/Hilary the crook are so friendly with Mexico Drug dealers and cartels that he gave pardon to a bunch of criminals that sold guns and drugs to our kids,that's why they had a high rate failure in school education too much pot,and has legalized drugs all over the country. What a bunch of F******* dam people these Libertarians/liberals are,you should be ashamed of yourselves loons

for a guy that clearly spends most of his waking hours whacked out on some Devil's concoction of opioids, thorazine, and Sterno, you sure do harbor a lot of hate for drugs!