Is a one world government inevitable?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
No, too many differences between cultures. Best you can hope for is a VERY loose confederation, which still would not last long.

The only thing that would unite us into such a confederation would be an external threat, like an alien invasion.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I think it an eventuality. Might take hundreds of years though. And possibly an alien invasion.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
You have more countries splitting than you have countries seriously considering joining each other. Religion has too much sway in governments and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Someday it will have to be for bigger projects such as space. We will have to ditch some of our evolutionary baggage though. Territorial animalistic stuff like nationalism/organized religions. It's happening, slowly but surely. Will we use our technologies to nuke ourselves into oblivion or to expand our species in the meantime is the big question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Yes there will be a 1 world government in its birth but the baby dies suddenely.

Luckily the bible is a 2000 year old fairytale with hoards of naive fools telling everyone the end times are coming every generation to fill their collection plates. Christians have 0% credibility.

Religious folklore are going the way of dinosaurs, quaint stories of mystisism from the past, another god for the history book shelves along with Zeus, Osiris and friends.

A written testament to the human species imagination and creativity in "getting stuff organized", a marvel of art and literature to be respected as I do other stories from 1000s of years ago Ulysses was more interesting though tbh. The bible is more who begat who with some old desert preachy stone age stuff. boring...no giant squid monster things pwning ancient fleets with titans kicking ass and throwing mountains around? meh. Christians are kinda vanilla really as far as stories go. Maybe its the flat nothing desert it comes from? Greeks/Romans had far more ancient god ass kicking going on.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Given enough time I think yes. Time is the most important factor. We're not even remotely civilized enough for this to even be considered. This is the fatal flaw in the progressive agenda. Something of gargantuan proportions such as this would by necessity have to be a conscious choice of the peoples of the world. It may be the only logical conclusion to the enormous problems we face but it must be a decision reached not through force and coercion, but through mutual consensus. We're all on this planet together and it is in our best interests to learn to live together with each other.

But the progressive agenda is being forced upon us. Humans as a species are hard-wired to fight back against what we see as hurtful to our existence. Progressives may be ahead of the curve with their ideas (surprised that I said that,huh?), but the overwhelming majority of the human race is not even remotely ready for it. Attempts to force it upon us will be and are being met with extreme resistance.

Indigenous tribes still exist with minuscule contact with the rest of the world. Millions of people are willing to slaughter others in the name of their God. Many parts of the world are totally undeveloped and many are overdeveloped. Some nations still have caste systems. We're not even close to being ready for a one world government. Too many differences between us.

I had a really long post about this quite a few years ago. I tied the money aspect of this into it. Because IMO, until we find a way to function in this world without money, none of this is even feasible. Money, and the acquisition of it are truly at the heart of every problem we face. We're thousands of years away from this even being considered. I agree with Schadenfroh about something cataclysmic like an alien invasion possibly sparking this, but I don't think even that would do it. The overwhelming majority are still hardwired to fight but too many will be trying to make friends. We'll all die while the study groups are formed on how to best deal with the situation.

Guess who will be in favor of and leading the study groups?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
But the progressive agenda is being forced upon us. Humans as a species are hard-wired to fight back against what we see as hurtful to our existence. Progressives may be ahead of the curve with their ideas (surprised that I said that,huh?), but the overwhelming majority of the human race is not even remotely ready for it. Attempts to force it upon us will be and are being met with extreme resistance.

We seem to be surviving fine with liberal democracies across the world. Not perfect for sure but the species is not down for the count by any stretch.

The species is fine with evolving some for a bigger picture. Problem is our halls of power set up since we evolved societies is lagging still. Like anything else the power will be jogged sooner or later to find a balance and correct itself.

Having a good part of us starving to death unnecessarily for a few folks greed tends to kill "brain power". That African kid starving to death with flies on his eyelids could be the one to invite warp drives or something. But how would we know since our economics on planet earth are so screwed up and lopsided still from the old days of serfdom that are just 200+ years back?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
You gonna tell this man he isn't earth's president?

HC720_5thElement_president_lg.jpg

didn't think so

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Fox World Inc !!! :sneaky:

Now I am going to have nightmares..

Well since corporate person hood has been established we are a few supreme court decisions away from letting corporations run for office.

Imagine that brave new world!

We may as well privatize congress..well on second thought they are already bought and payed for...

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Yes with enough time there is no reason to think we won't have a unified government. There is already a tremendous amount of free trade and government cooperation.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Yes, barring any any major dark ages thanks to resource scarcity (we run out of oil before we have a meaningful alternative fuel source in place) we are effectively headed toward a one world government.

Its hard to see now with all the balkanization, but Cultural diversity is being smoothed out thanks to the internet and the ease with which people can communicate with each other and massive economic blocs (NAFTA, European Union) are making the standard economic boundaries of the state that much more transparent.

It'll be a rough and bumpy road, but we'll get there eventually.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is a one world government inevitable?

Yes, of course, and I nominate North Korea to lead the charge.

You see, once you realize there are such shit holes around the world, would you still dare to risk one of them assuming that mantle of power? The beautiful thing about the world today IS diversity. If you wish to squash that then you are no friend of mine.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
yes, inevitably it will happen. which is why it is so important to teach the world the concepts of liberty and personal freedom + responsibility.