IRS Just Plain Stupid

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The IRS made a point of telling people they do not telephone for these matters.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Reiterates-Warning-of-Pervasive-Telephone-Scam

The phone number I was referring to is for paid preparers, in this case a CPA firm or a law firm. The IRS certainly does call these numbers. I'm a CPA and have received calls from the IRS about clients.

I doubt Mr. Di Niro puts his own phone number on his tax return. My clients have always preferred that I speak to the IRS for them.

Fern

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
The phone number I was referring is for paid preparers, in this case a CPA firm or la firm. The IRS certainly does call these numbers. I'm a CPA and have received calls from the IRS about clients.

I doubt Mr. Di Niro puts his own phone number on his tax return. My clients have always preferred that I speak to the IRS for them.

Fern

Well then...

I was wrong.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I call BS on your $50 cost claims. Liens don't get filed by themselves, an IRS attorney had to do it as well as the accompany paperwork etc.

And for you two knuckle heads: Be aware that on page 2 of the Form 1040 the phone number of the person for the IRS to contact is listed.

Like I said, place a dang call.

Fern

You think you need to be a lawyer to file a lien? The irs can file a lien with most county clerks for a simple filing charge. The irs documents are already premade. 668 iirc. Fill out, stamp and file.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If you ever get the chance to ask an IRS official if the agency could be any more confused, the official will laugh and answer NO. We're totally confused.
This is not a joke, it is actual fact. The IRS will openly admit this.

And as much as I am for national healthcare, the operation of the IRS, a government agency, is the only thing that makes me rethink the issue.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
I think we all know Why. Don't we ....?

you'd be surprised, some of the people on this forum.....

i really dont know how they get by day to day, oblivious to the world around them, and the rogue police state in their backyards.