Iraqi children let out of prison

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: kleinesarschloch
ok, lets say that those kids refused to do whatever. kids at that age don't refuse anything, their parents usually make those decisions for them. that is why it would make more sense to put the parents in prison as punishment.

Of all the threads describing the atrocities of Saddam's regime, this is one I felt sure would be free of his apologists. I really am that naive.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Originally posted by: kleinesarschloch
ok, lets say that those kids refused to do whatever. kids at that age don't refuse anything, their parents usually make those decisions for them. that is why it would make more sense to put the parents in prison as punishment.

Of all the threads describing the atrocities of Saddam's regime, this is one I felt sure would be free of his apologists. I really am that naive.

There is no atrocity he can commit which they will not excuse....

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
"The children had been imprisoned because they had not joined the youth branch of the Baath party," he alleged. "Some of these kids had been in there for five years."

Marines combed the site of a Republican Guard junior training facility, and came across 15 bunkers full of rifles, anti-aircraft artillery, missile systems, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons. "It's the largest cache of weapons since we crossed the border" from Kuwait, said Capt. Shaine Grodack. He estimated the cache was big enough to arm a regimental force -- a few thousands soldiers.

Fox news

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
"The children had been imprisoned because they had not joined the youth branch of the Baath party," he alleged. "Some of these kids had been in there for five years."

Marines combed the site of a Republican Guard junior training facility, and came across 15 bunkers full of rifles, anti-aircraft artillery, missile systems, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons. "It's the largest cache of weapons since we crossed the border" from Kuwait, said Capt. Shaine Grodack. He estimated the cache was big enough to arm a regimental force -- a few thousands soldiers.

Fox news

Wonder if that was the "unconventional" methods promised by the Defence Minister?

Guess the kids realized they were smarter than their government and didn't take up arms.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Glad we did not have to face them in battle, our troops don't deserve having to deal with a situation like that. Of course you know there are Peshmerga fighters with our special forces that are 12 yrs old and up.....