Iraq to chair U.N. disarmament conference WTF? Has the United Nations lost it's #@%$ mind?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole
OMG Lets go to war before it happens! :Q
Yeah...yeah...yeah....we all know you hate President Bush so do us all a favor and STFU.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: jjsole OMG Lets go to war before it happens! :Q
Yeah...yeah...yeah....we all know you hate President Bush so do us all a favor and STFU.
I'm doing you a favor by hating bush, and now you want another? :frown:

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
It really doesn't matter who chairs the conference, it's not like they get to make all the decisions for the year or something.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
It really doesn't matter who chairs the conference, it's not like they get to make all the decisions for the year or something.
No, but it does point out the stupidity that runs deep within the U.N.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Everyone knows I am against war with Iraq, at least under the preset circumstances, but I have to agree that whatever rule is responsible ought to be changed

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

If you really want to do me a favor, stick your head up your ass and jump. Hopeully the last we will hear from you is a "pop" as you vanish from existance.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Has the United Nations lost it's #@%$ mind?
Yes didn't you know that. Isn't libial and china in charge of human rights among workers. I'm surprised that you didn't realize the UN doesn't have a mind.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJelly
Has the United Nations lost it's #@%$ mind?
Yes didn't you know that. Isn't libial and china in charge of human rights among workers. I'm surprised that you didn't realize the UN doesn't have a mind.
You're right...I realized the U.N. was nuts a long time ago.....I think reading the article about Iraq and the disarmament conference caused my brain to short circuit for a few minutes.

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Ho-hum...looks like business as usual at the UN.
rolleye.gif
When UN supporters actually attempt to excuse BS like this it only shows how pathetically out of touch with reality they are.

On a related note, is anyone else going to miss Saddam when he's gone? Just a *tiny* bit?? Yeah, I know he's a brutal dictator, but the way he has habitually humiliated the UN for over a decade has been priceless (truly a tragicomedy of Shakespearean proportions). I give it ***** stars.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
If you really want to do me a favor, stick your head up your ass and jump. Hopeully the last we will hear from you is a "pop" as you vanish from existance.
loser.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
loser.

Ouch!!! What a stinging retort!!! Took you all of what...9 minutes to think of that one? You better take a nap now....don't want to overdo yourself and blow a synapse.

I'm going to bed now....see if you can think up something better than "loser" by the time I log in tomorrow morning.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
loser.
Ouch!!! What a stinging retort!!! Took you all of what...9 minutes to think of that one? You better take a nap now....don't want to overdo yourself and blow a synapse.
Don't flatter yourself, it wasn't meant to be a retort, just an objective statement.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002

LOL...Funny stuff.:D

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: SlowSS
Iraq to chair U.N. disarmament conference

Ok so maybe it's their turn according to some moronic rule but Jeebus....there can be exceptions made!!!

Heh, lets put a fox in charge of hen house.
rolleye.gif

UN makes me laugh.

Once again, by May the fox might not be a fox. hint hint.

Wink, wink....nudge, nudge....know what I mean? Say no more, say no more

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
loser.
Don't flatter yourself, it wasn't meant to be a retort, just an objective statement.
Oh the pain....once again you have wounded me deeply.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but you will always be a dumbass.

May 31, 2001
The UN would put a ten-time convicted pedophile in charge of a daycare just to show how wonderfully open-minded and non-judgemental they are.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
You should put a poll up there so we can see who is an idiot here and still supports the UN. We can permaban the people who actually vote that they support it. They deserve to be punished.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Yes, let's have a democracy, except when we don't like the way you're voting. So weird things happen with the rotation thing, big deal. The country who chairs still gets just one vote, and can still be called out on it's policy, it just gets it's turn like every other country of the world gets.

There maybe should be a clause where your turn to chair is put on hold if the U.N. as a body finds you in violation in the area you are supposed to chair. Either way, the same work will be done, no matter who chairs.