Iraq going down in flames?

thebenjamins

Banned
Jun 17, 2004
The security consultancies predict a growing insurgency till the end of the year, then a turn around. Thats fine for them, but there are reasons not to rely on their biased analyses.

The only problem is its a popular insurgency when directed against the americans, and in fact many security aparatus members support attacks onthe americans implicitly. So my question, is how can they control it?

I mean who the fugg fought open gun battles on the streets of the CAPITAL today? Where in gods sh!te was the armour? How can they do that, this is supposed to be a contained situation, not Pnomh Penh, just before the fall!

I think the media reporting of the situation there is atrocious, but the pentagon contains them so much, its hard for them to communicate the truth, and that just means the pentagon cant be embarrassed into adressing failings early enough.

Anyway, it aint going to be me who dies, and I only have one friend there, and she never leaves the green zone anyway.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
We need to take more advice from israel. the current planning in iraq is pathetic, our intel seems bad considering how much money is put into it, to develop "good" resources.

thebenjamins

Banned
Jun 17, 2004
Originally posted by: AnImuS
We need to take more advice from israel. the current planning in iraq is pathetic, our intel seems bad considering how much money is put into it, to develop "good" resources.

advice from israel? why? they dont have a track record in successfully dealing with insurgency! the only two states that do are britain and spain. others that have contained it are russia, china and indonesia (timor), but i dont think their fire on earth policies would work.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: thebenjamins
Originally posted by: AnImuS

advice from israel? why? they dont have a track record in successfully dealing with insurgency! the only two states that do are britain and spain. others that have contained it are russia, china and indonesia (timor), but i dont think their fire on earth policies would work.

Agreed, Israel hasn't accomplished anything, just constant conflict. The one time they came close to ending the conflict Israelis themselves killed their Prime Minister.

OTOH, the Bush "plan" has been so bad the Israeli method might actually be an improvement.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is not like Isreal is surrounded by countries that are friendly or anything. Amost every country in the middle east has had plans at one time or another to try and destroy it. Just the fact that they are still in control is a major feat in itself.

thebenjamins

Banned
Jun 17, 2004
Originally posted by: piasabird
It is not like Isreal is surrounded by countries that are friendly or anything. Amost every country in the middle east has had plans at one time or another to try and destroy it. Just the fact that they are still in control is a major feat in itself.

any how is europe different to that?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: piasabird

True, but for quite some time Israel has been at Peace with its' neighbours, except the Palestinians. How that makes Israel a good example to follow is puzzling though, since Iraq and Palestine are both Occupied Territories and Israel has proven how not to Occupy successfully. If Iraq was a neighbour of the US who constantly tried destroying the US then Israel might be able to offer some good advice. However, it's not.