Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad goes on a rant

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Looks like it is heating up;

Iran ready to strike at Israel?s nuclear heart

The movement of Shahab-3B missiles, which have an estimated range of more than 1,250 miles, followed a large-scale exercise earlier this month in which the Israeli air force flew en masse over the Mediterranean in an apparent rehearsal for a threatened attack on Iran?s nuclear installations. Israel believes Iran?s nuclear programme is aimed at acquiring nuclear weapons.

The sources said Iran was preparing to retaliate for any onslaught by firing missiles at Dimona, where Israel?s own nuclear weapons are believed to be made.

More boasting;

Major-General Mohammad Jafari, the commander of the Revolutionary Guard, told a Tehran daily: ?This country [Israel] is completely within the range of the Islamic Republic?s missiles. Our missile power and capability are such that the Zionist regime ? despite all its abilities ? cannot confront it.?

I can't tell if they bragging that they are or just trying to convince themselves they are all powerful.

Also,

Israel has a year to stop Iran bomb, warns ex-spy

A former head of Mossad has warned that Israel has 12 months in which to destroy Iran's nuclear programme or risk coming under nuclear attack itself. He also hinted that Israel might have to act sooner if Barack Obama wins the US presidential election.

Shabtai Shavit, an influential adviser to the Israeli parliament's defence and foreign affairs committee, told The Sunday Telegraph that time was running out to prevent Iran's leaders getting the bomb.

Mr Shavit, who retired from the Israeli intelligence agency in 1996, warned that he had no doubt Iran intended to use a nuclear weapon once it had the capability, and that Israel must conduct itself accordingly.

"The time that is left to be ready is getting shorter all the time,"

"As an intelligence officer working with the worst-case scenario, I can tell you we should be prepared. We should do whatever necessary on the defensive side, on the offensive side, on the public opinion side for the West, in case sanctions don't work. What's left is a military action."

The "worst-case scenario, he said, is that Iran may have a nuclear weapon within "somewhere around a year".

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
Originally posted by: Aimster
The Arab nations support Iran on their nuclear technology.

Maybe because they want their own.

I doubt it. Muslims hate each other more than they hate Israel.

I doubt that. Muslim nations do not recognize Israel whereas all of them recognize Iran

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
The Arab nations support Iran on their nuclear technology.

Maybe because they want their own.

I doubt it. Muslims hate each other more than they hate Israel.

I doubt that. Muslim nations do not recognize Israel whereas all of them recognize Iran

Sure they do and with a passion, why do you think we have been having such a hard time in Iraq?

The Sunni and Shi'a have been fighting each other and we have been stuck in the middle.

Why do you think that Saudi Arabia and other Sunni nations want to start nuclear research programs if Iran gets a bomb? It is NOT because they are afraid of Israel; it is because they are afraid of ?Shi'a? Iran.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Looks like I am not the only one that thinks Israel will hit Iran before years end;

Pentagon Officials Warns of Israeli Attack on Iran

Senior Pentagon officials are concerned that Israel could carry out an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities before the end of the year, an action that would have enormous security and economic repercussions for the United States and the rest of the world.

A senior defense official told ABC News there is an "increasing likelihood" that Israel will carry out such an attack, a move that likely would prompt Iranian retaliation against, not just Israel, but against the United States as well.

The official identified two "red lines" that could trigger an Israeli offensive. The first is tied to when Iran's Natanz nuclear facility produces enough highly enriched uranium to make a nuclear weapon. According to the latest U.S. and Israeli intelligence assessments, that is likely to happen sometime in 2009, and could happen by the end of this year.

"The red line is not when they get to that point, but before they get to that point," the official said. "We are in the window of vulnerability."

The second red line is connected to when Iran acquires the SA-20 air defense system it is buying from Russia. The Israelis may want to strike before that system -- which would make an attack much more difficult -- is put in place.

Some Pentagon officials also worry that Israel may be determined to attack before a new U.S. president, who may be less supportive, is sworn in next January.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The US won't touch Iran with a ten foot pole now, but Israel doesn't care. I agree the chances are looking up. They've already gone after Syria recently and iran is worse because it has an admitted and substantial nuclear program and also a leader who keeps talking a lot of nasty sh*t. As long as Israel believes it can take out the weapons program (if there is one, remember US intelligence for what good it is says that iran's weapons program is on hold), it probably will.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The world body has never supported Israel after inception.

Why should Israel feel that they can count on the UN to convince Iran to cease nuclear weapons ambitions.

It is Israel that the rhetoric is continually addressed against.

Iran does not go threatening Denmark or England.

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Zebo
Of course it's the perfect religion - kill those that leave, kill those that deny, kill those that insult. I bet Christians wish they thought of it.

I prefer we leave them totally alone. Even pre-war, our 30 billion dollar a year presence in the gulf protecting their oil tankers was staving off the enviable ME apocalypse.

Sir, please refrain from posting your intelligent and insightful comments in this thread. Too much of that and you will drive away the pro-nuclear-Iran crowd, and then we will have nobody left to bait.

OokiiNeko

Jun 14, 2003
Craig234, maybe you should tell that to House Democrats who are about to push through HR 362.

The Democrats can`t "push through" anything if the Republicans want to really stop it.

Just a bit of theatre for Joe Six-pack.

:)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
Thanks, Democrats.

:roll:

Damn them dirty (D)'s. It's too bad the (R) resistance wasn't able to overcome those evil warmongers, eh?

Originally posted by: OokiiNeko
Craig234, maybe you should tell that to House Democrats who are about to push through HR 362.

The Democrats can`t "push through" anything if the Republicans want to really stop it.

Just a bit of theatre for Joe Six-pack.

:)

Exactly.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
But he's right. The USA is afraid of Iran with them losing 2 illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are also afraid that an attack on Iran will mean oil will be $500+/barrell and the already frail US economy will collapse. And only stupid people like the OP would think that calling an opponent afraid would provoke an attack. Maybe in junior school; but this is world politics. I think you people of America need to lose your over-inflated egos.

No one in the USA fears Iran.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
But he's right. The USA is afraid of Iran with them losing 2 illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are also afraid that an attack on Iran will mean oil will be $500+/barrell and the already frail US economy will collapse. And only stupid people like the OP would think that calling an opponent afraid would provoke an attack. Maybe in junior school; but this is world politics. I think you people of America need to lose your over-inflated egos.

And yet they call for a needless war. Hypocrisy.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Pale Rider

And yet they call for a needless war. Hypocrisy.

It is not a war that is being called for.

From the West, it is for Iran to stop supporting terrorism and cease their nuclear arms development.

Blunc

Oct 4, 2007
typical third world country tactics, first get the USA to kick their ass then have the USA rebuild their country better than it was for FREE!!!