Iran will retaliate with missiles if attacked

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: themusgrat
Originally posted by: Aimster
What is also ironic is that during the Shah regime the U.S saw the need for Iranian nuclear reactors in Iran.

In fact there was contracts out for 20+ nuclear sites to have been built by the year 2000. Yes, 20+.

Now the U.S is saying Iran doesn't need nuclear energy.. blah blah.

The U.S administration at the time had been quoted as saying it will help Iran's energy needs, etc (the U.S President said it). Well Iran's energy needs are like a lot more than they were then given the population has gone up 300%.

Nope. If Iran's president hadn't said that he basically wants to wipe Israel off the map, things would be a mite bit different.

If Iran attacks anyone, they will be obliterated, one way or another. If we decide that Iran doesn't need nuclear power, which is a little wierd, then hopefully we will find some other way other than bombing them. Look at Iraq. We bombed their infrastructure to Uranus, and do they love us? Maybe our special forces should be given a shot at taking out KEY people or buildings.

That makes no sense.

The U.S/Israel have been after Iran's nuclear program way before the Iranian President even opened up his mouth.

tommywishbone

Platinum Member
May 11, 2005
"That makes no sense.

The U.S/Israel have been after Iran's nuclear program way before the Iranian President even opened up his mouth."

Exactly right. And everybody has got to know that the USA really doesn't give a f^ck about Iranian nukes. Israel is the one scared shi+less because of their legacy in the ME. Iran wants to sell the USA oil. Iran wants to trade with the USA. Iran knows the USA can literally vaporize their entire country. Iran doesn't give a f^ck about Israel.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Frackal
Originally posted by: RichardE
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1610722,001301970000.htm

Iran warns US, UK of missile response if attacked

Associated Press

Tehran, January 28, 2006

Iran's Revolutionary Guards chief warned the United States and Britain on Saturday that Iran would retaliate with missiles if attacked, state-run television reported.

General Yahya Rahim Safavi also accused US and British intelligence services of provoking unrest in the oil-rich southwestern Iran and providing bomb materials to Iranian dissidents.

Two bombings killed at least nine people in the southwestern city of Ahvaz on January 21, near the border with southern Iraq where 8,500 British soldiers are based.

"The world knows Iran has a ballistic missile power with a range of 2,000 kms," Safavi said on state-run television. Israel is within that range.

"We have no intention to invade any country. We will take effective defence measures if attacked," he said.

Ball is in the US court now, battle lines have been set, attack Iran, kiss the bases in Iraq goodbye.

If Iran bombed our bases in Iraq, the response would be extremely severe from the US ... people here would be absolutely livid.

It wouldn't be pretty that is for sure.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Originally posted by: tommywishbone
"That makes no sense.

The U.S/Israel have been after Iran's nuclear program way before the Iranian President even opened up his mouth."

Exactly right. And everybody has got to know that the USA really doesn't give a f^ck about Iranian nukes. Israel is the one scared shi+less because of their legacy in the ME. Iran wants to sell the USA oil. Iran wants to trade with the USA. Iran knows the USA can literally vaporize their entire country. Iran doesn't give a f^ck about Israel.

I seem to remember that Israel has nukes that it could drop on Iran if Iran ever lauched a major attack. With the way Iran and Israel are I could easily see a conflict going from I shoot you, you shoot me, I fire missle at you, you fire missle at me, I nuke you, you nuke me, US nukes Iran, etc until we end up with MAD.