Iran testfires new rocket 2000Km range.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: filetitan
Also
The S-300 anti-aircraft missile defense system is capable of shooting down aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missile warheads at ranges of over 90 miles and at altitudes of about 90,000 feet. Russian military officials boast that its capabilities outstrip the U.S. Patriot missile system.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/artic...TPD8IG0&show_article=1

Yeah, They had that system as well, both proved inferior to the modified F16's Israel was flying, and I doubt they will prove to do anything to the new F-35s, not to mention NATO countries have aquired S-300 systems and with the way Israel is able to modify the aircraft they receive I do not doubt that they have modified it against a 30 year old system such as the S-300.

There is a reason Israel was in and out of Syria without anyone noticing.

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
Also
The S-300 anti-aircraft missile defense system is capable of shooting down aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missile warheads at ranges of over 90 miles and at altitudes of about 90,000 feet. Russian military officials boast that its capabilities outstrip the U.S. Patriot missile system.

Yeah, They had that system as well, both proved inferior to the modified F16's Israel was flying, and I doubt they will prove to do anything to the new F-35s, not to mention NATO countries have aquired S-300 systems and with the way Israel is able to modify the aircraft they receive I do not doubt that they have modified it against a 30 year old system such as the S-300.

Russia updated the S-300 firmware lol

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Also

Israel never updates anything lol

Face it, they are outmatched, Russia keeps producing shit for these third world shitholes that they do not test ever. There "newest and latest" was inferior to planes of ours that are based on designed from 1976. No one is under an illusion that Israel will be able to pull it off with no losses on there side, but as I said, it is a small price to pay to prevent a nuclear holocaust.

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005
Also

Face it, they are outmatched, Russia keeps producing shit for these third world shitholes that they do not test ever. There "newest and latest" was inferior to planes of ours that are based on designed from 1976. No one is under an illusion that Israel will be able to pull it off with no losses on there side, but as I said, it is a small price to pay to prevent a nuclear holocaust.

well its more like the system is really outdated I would argue against being being crap.
I know for a fact Russia uses a system that is 20 years newer then the one they sold.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Also

well its more like the system is really outdated I would argue against being being crap.
I know for a fact Russia uses a system that is 20 years newer then the one they sold.

Well, I'm glad Israel is not attacking Russia ;)

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005
Hey I could care less about Iran, I am Pro Kremlin just supporting our standing towards weapon manufacturing.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Hey I could care less about Iran, I am Pro Kremlin just supporting our standing towards weapon manufacturing.

Ah that makes more sense :p

I just find it funny you think Russia would send out the big toys to third world shitholes dealing with an issue they don't really care about except for money and old cold war style ideological reasons. I can't see Russia sending things to the ME that could risk falling in the hands of the US/Israel that would seriously undermine there own National Security.

Like how catastrophic would it be for Israel to send some tanks into Syria 20-30 clicks and capture Russians most advanced AA battery? I would love to see Russians new hardware in action...against the Chinese maybe ;)

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005

Ah that makes more sense :p

I just find it funny you think Russia would send out the big toys to third world shitholes dealing with an issue they don't really care about except for money and old cold war style ideological reasons. I can't see Russia sending things to the ME that could risk falling in the hands of the US/Israel that would seriously undermine there own National Security.

Like how catastrophic would it be for Israel to send some tanks into Syria 20-30 clicks and capture Russians most advanced AA battery? I would love to see Russians new hardware in action...against the Chinese maybe ;)

=) time for some Command and Conquer (Video Game)

but on a serious note, can't we all just get along?

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
If Israel can fire missiles into Iran, I think its fair that Iran can do the same back.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
New Link

Mostafa Mohammed Najjar said on state television Wednesday that the Sajjil was a high-speed missile manufactured at the Iranian Aerospace department of the Defense Ministry. He said it had a range of about 2,000 kilometres....

Hopefully Israel gets leadership with balls soon enough and finishes playing with these guys. Looking forward to a US withdrawl from Iraq, since at that point Israel can fly over Iraq with impunity (since Iraq has no AF afaik).New Link

This attitutde is what's going to start the first Nuclear Exchange. Israel does not have the Right to strike Iran or any of Its' neighbours.

They've done it before, they'll do it again. Hopefully before they actually achieve "the bomb"

Which is why Mid-Eastern Nations "Need" Nukes. They are being forced to go Nuclear by a rogue Nation that violates Sovereignty at will.

If Israel wants to exist there, then it needs to adapt to the Region. So far it has done a piss poor job with that. Eventually their Agressive behaviour will catch up with them.

:thumbsup:

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
New Link

Mostafa Mohammed Najjar said on state television Wednesday that the Sajjil was a high-speed missile manufactured at the Iranian Aerospace department of the Defense Ministry. He said it had a range of about 2,000 kilometres....

Hopefully Israel gets leadership with balls soon enough and finishes playing with these guys. Looking forward to a US withdrawl from Iraq, since at that point Israel can fly over Iraq with impunity (since Iraq has no AF afaik).New Link

This attitutde is what's going to start the first Nuclear Exchange. Israel does not have the Right to strike Iran or any of Its' neighbours.

They've done it before, they'll do it again. Hopefully before they actually achieve "the bomb"

Which is why Mid-Eastern Nations "Need" Nukes. They are being forced to go Nuclear by a rogue Nation that violates Sovereignty at will.

If Israel wants to exist there, then it needs to adapt to the Region. So far it has done a piss poor job with that. Eventually their Agressive behaviour will catch up with them.

LOL! You realize that there are countries and militias that are hellbent on Israel's destruction, right?

The racist fundamental Islamists over there absolutely HATE the jews. I guess you are on that train as well.

I believe the jews also hate Islamists as well. Goes the other way too.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: zoiks
If Israel can fire missiles into Iran, I think its fair that Iran can do the same back.

I suppose you would have no problem giving Cuba and Venezuela nuclear warheads that could reach any state? I mean, in the essence of fairness.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The S-300 is an F-16's worst nightmare.
There is zero evidence to suggest Syria has any S-300 systems installed. None. No pictures. No actual reports. Nothing.
If Syria has S-300 then Iran has S-300. Nobody can prove either nation has an S-300.

If the U.S thought the system was a joke then they wouldn't do whatever it took for Iran not to get their hands on it.
Soon the S-400 will be available for sale. Is that a joke too?

It's not just a truck mounted with a missile on it. It's an entire system that is networked. That network is dangerous.

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Aimster
There is zero evidence to suggest Syria has any S-300 systems installed. None. No pictures. No actual reports. Nothing.
If Syria has S-300 then Iran has S-300. Nobody can prove either nation has an S-300.

If the U.S thought the system was a joke then they wouldn't do whatever it took for Iran not to get their hands on it.

It's not just a truck mounted with a missile on it. It's an entire system that is networked. That network is dangerous.

exactly, but as it stands right now Russia does not have the S-400 on the market.
but Reports are coming in where they are in the process of selling S-300's to Iran.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Thats funny, Russia has claimed to have sold them it, plus the Pantsyr as well.

Iran won't get an S-300, want to know why? Israel was able to get into Syrian airspace, drop bombs and get out before they were detected. Notice since that strike the rumblings of selling the S-300's to Iran has died? I'm pretty sure Israel and Russia came to a truce where Russia won't sell it to Iran, and Israel won't sell its anti S-300 tech.

As I said earlier, Iran is at the mercy of Israel and the US, yes Israel might sustain heavy casualties, but the price to pay is small to finally deal with the Iran issue.

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005

Iran won't get an S-300, want to know why? Israel was able to get into Syrian airspace, drop bombs and get out before they were detected. Notice since that strike the rumblings of selling the S-300's to Iran has died? I'm pretty sure Israel and Russia came to a truce where Russia won't sell it to Iran, and Israel won't sell its anti S-300 tech.

As I said earlier, Iran is at the mercy of Israel and the US, yes Israel might sustain heavy casualties, but the price to pay is small to finally deal with the Iran issue.

it was said to be done by the end of this year, so we will have to wait and see.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

it was said to be done by the end of this year, so we will have to wait and see.

Aye, I hope Russia does not base much of its S-400 tech on the S-300, since if Israel and the US find a way to neutralize the S-300 its going to be a pretty big issue with the S-400 system

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/S...e=JPArticle%2FShowFull

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005

Aye, I hope Russia does not base much of its S-400 tech on the S-300, since if Israel and the US find a way to neutralize the S-300 its going to be a pretty big issue with the S-400 system

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/S...e=JPArticle%2FShowFull

thanks for the article interesting read, looks like we need to get back to the drawing board.

but seriously I am curious myself what path this deal will take by the end of the year if any.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: zoiks

I suppose you would have no problem giving Cuba and Venezuela nuclear warheads that could reach any state? I mean, in the essence of fairness.

If they did it pretty much guarantees that we won't invade.