Iran planning Air Defense Exercise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
But our hostility toward Iran stems from their perceived threat to israel and not to the united states.

And despite their nuclear capability proven to be nil, people are still pushing that angle because hey... it worked in iraq didn't it?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
But our hostility toward Iran stems from their perceived threat to israel and not to the united states.

And despite their nuclear capability proven to be nil, people are still pushing that angle because hey... it worked in iraq didn't it?

When was it determined that their nuclear capability has been shown proven to be nil?

They will not even let inspectors into certain areas.

Now potentially if they were acting so belligerent toward their neighbors; the tensions might be lessened.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As EK asserts, " They ( Iran ) will not even let inspectors into certain areas."

Which perfectly explains why Israel does not let inspectors of any kind into Israel. Nor does Israel or the USA have an iota of proof that Iran intends to go for a nuclear weapon.

Which points to that that same suspicion based reasoning that later ended up demonstrating Saddam had no WMD.

But why accuse EK of having double standards when EK uses triple or quadruple standards at every opportunity.

As for me, I advocate making the mid-east into a nuclear weapons free zone.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
As EK asserts, " They ( Iran ) will not even let inspectors into certain areas."

Which perfectly explains why Israel does not let inspectors of any kind into Israel. Nor does Israel or the USA have an iota of proof that Iran intends to go for a nuclear weapon.

Which points to that that same suspicion based reasoning that later ended up demonstrating Saddam had no WMD.

But why accuse EK of having double standards when EK uses triple or quadruple standards at every opportunity.

The fact that Iran is a signatory to the IAEA have anything to do with their responsibilities.

Israel is not a signatory.

But such paperwork does not come into play.

Your standards are that you will make excuses for ignoring the facts.
I present the facts and make a determinations upon them.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

But why accuse EK of having double standards when EK uses triple or quadruple standards at every opportunity. Ooo

Until Iran withdraws from the NPT it has an obligation that Israel does not. You always ignore that. Until a year and a day from when they formally announce leaving there is no double standard. It's the one in effect today that you and Iran thumb your nose at.

As for you we know advocate an Israeli free zone.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Shrug, I say we drill the fuck out of our own oil and in a relatively short time give the entire region the middle finger as we pull all of our .mil out due to us not needing ME oil anymore.

If they want to blow each other to hell, fuck em, let em have fun.