Iran is next?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I still believe Bush has ZERO support for an invasion of Iran. It will not happen, period.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I agree...If bush did iran he'd have the wrong enemies that's for sure!

iran's energy infrastructure is heavily geared towards extraction...if they knock out power in any form...say goodbye to oil contracts and production.
if you guys dont realize it...oil takes a lot of energy to extract.

Iran supplies China, India and i believe to Russiawho then sells their stuff to europe.
Those are not the type of countries you really want to mess right now...

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
I still believe Bush has ZERO support for an invasion of Iran. It will not happen, period.

Meh, never underestimate the willingess of the puppets to dance.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Stunt
I agree...If bush did iran he'd have the wrong enemies that's for sure!

iran's energy infrastructure is heavily geared towards extraction...if they knock out power in any form...say goodbye to oil contracts and production.
if you guys dont realize it...oil takes a lot of energy to extract.

Iran supplies China, India and i believe to Russiawho then sells their stuff to europe.
Those are not the type of countries you really want to mess right now...

Russia has the most energy reservers in the world, both oil and natural gas, im sure Iran does not supply it.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: raildogg
Russia has the most energy reservers in the world, both oil and natural gas, im sure Iran does not supply it.
Link
Russian crude oil will be used in Iran's northern refineries for domestic consumption in return for an equivalent amount of Iranian oil delivered to Russia's designated buyers at Iran's Persian Gulf oil terminals. This arrangement will make Russian oil available to non-European buyers at a competitive price by sharply decreasing the cost of exports currently done by oil tankers loaded at Russia's Black Sea ports, such as Novorossisk.

Russia has serious interest in iranian oil...
again...not the types of countries you want to mess with.

If russia can't supply europe with its energy, and china, india cannot continue largely american projects and manufacturing...it all spells trouble. Iran coming online is one of the key reasons growth is occuring currently.

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
iran has simply to cooperate. the iranian mullahs, their envoys to the west, and their numerous islamic defenders, all claim, that iran wants (needs) a stable iraq. aiding iraqi criminals, who are mostly sunni ex-ba'athists, is, shall we be kind, very counter-productive to their professed statements. therefore, they can perform their own manhunts, curry-comb their own regions, to ensure these cretins are made unwelcome and forced to scurry further afield in search of safe environs.

as for the nuclear issue, the next time their european friends invite the iranian delegation to their own backyard in search of friendly concessions, they should not shock them with a haughty dismissal and declare their all-out intention to proceed with their nuclear programs regardless of what others think. very stupid. belies all their diplomatic pretensions.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

This doesn't matter.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: syzygy
aiding iraqi criminals, who are mostly sunni ex-ba'athists, is, shall we be kind, very counter-productive to their professed statements.

I'm trying to decipher your sentences. Are you suggesting Iran is supporting ex-Baathists in Iraq? Really hard to understand what your typing, no offense.