Iran doing good again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So they'll let you make a slightly longer last message before cutting your head off. What moderation :)

You and TastesLikeChicken are the only two ones derailing this thread from its topic which for the most part has stayed on Iran. The globe at large will be better for a more open and democratic version of Iran, I might even vacation there at some point. I see that you are playing the rules vs. mods game to get certain posters infracted or banned. Please keep the personal / strategic / meta posting out of this thread please, thanks. :).

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Sep 12, 2004
You and TastesLikeChicken are the only two ones derailing this thread from its topic which for the most part has stayed on Iran. The globe at large will be better for a more open and democratic version of Iran, I might even vacation there at some point. I see that you are playing the rules vs. mods game to get certain posters infracted or banned. Please keep the personal / strategic / meta posting out of this thread please, thanks. :).
I didn't derail this thread, others did.

Iran is a faux democracy for a few days a year, pretending that a popular vote counts, while in the background the mullahs control everything. All while the lefties in here look the other way and try to espouse Iran as some sort of beacon of democracy in the ME.

Go yank somebody elses chain who doesn't know any better and try to build up some sort of pretense about Iran. They are not a democracy and will continue not to be one so long as the mullahs are pulling all the strings and making all the decisions.

There are idjits in this thread making comments that the US is a dictatorship compared to Iran. Clearly those fools never met an actual Iranian. I have. Many Iranians would love to have a small percentage of the freedom we have in the US. The idjits in here are full of hyperbole and little more.

But go ahead and suck up to the other lefties in here. That will surely make you one of the boys in P&N. Join the crew of like-minded lemmings. Welcome to the pack.

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
So they'll let you make a slightly longer last message before cutting your head off. What moderation :)

Firing Squad and Hanging are the methods used by Iran.

Our best buddy and good friend Saudi Arabia is the world leader in public beheading.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Iran is a faux democracy for a few days a year, pretending that a popular vote counts, while in the background the mullahs control everything. All while the lefties in here look the other way and try to espouse Iran as some sort of beacon of democracy in the ME.

Go yank somebody elses chain who doesn't know any better and try to build up some sort of pretense about Iran. They are not a democracy and will continue not to be one so long as the mullahs are pulling all the strings and making all the decisions.
- Thats definitely a possibility that comes to mind when you wage the pro and con of this situation. But what are you going to do? Ban the country to hell for all eternity cause you know at some point some mullah will take control take the country back to the dark ages? Or are you going to send a signal to the civilians that want change? You know that a generational shift is coming one way or the other and just maybe with a little help.

There are idjits in this thread making comments that the US is a dictatorship compared to Iran. Clearly those fools never met an actual Iranian. I have. Many Iranians would love to have a small percentage of the freedom we have in the US. The idjits in here are full of hyperbole and little more.
- You know that is "tongue in cheek" comments.. And I think you underscore the point here with your own words "Many Iranians would love to have a small percentage of the freedom we have" - excatly, so why wouldnt we encourage them? :)

But go ahead and suck up to the other lefties in here. That will surely make you one of the boys in P&N. Join the crew of like-minded lemmings. Welcome to the pack.
- I just have a vision for the future that encapsulates the whole globe and any move towards unity and democracy is to be encouraged. For reference I very much regard Trump as a divider and not a unifier, if those points makes me a liberal suckup i really dont care.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014

You're the one drawing lines based on political affiliation. The "pack" disagrees plenty and disagrees more when nobody's trying to disrupt threads and other shenanigans, but then again most of the people here don't treat their politics as a team to support unconditionally.

Sep 12, 2004
- Thats definitely a possibility that comes to mind when you wage the pro and con of this situation. But what are you going to do? Ban the country to hell for all eternity cause you know at some point some mullah will take control take the country back to the dark ages? Or are you going to send a signal to the civilians that want change? You know that a generational shift is coming one way or the other and just maybe with a little help.
I made no mention of any sort of ban or punishment against Iran. In fact, I believe that would be the wrong thing to do. We need to stand back, send our best wishes to the Iranian people, and allow them to rectify their situation.

- You know that is "tongue in cheek" comments.. And I think you underscore the point here with your own words "Many Iranians would love to have a small percentage of the freedom we have" - excatly, so why wouldnt we encourage them? :)
I seriously doubt that some of these folks are making "tongue in cheek" comments. Some of them seriously seem to believe that crap.

- I just have a vision for the future that encapsulates the whole globe and any move towards unity and democracy is to be encouraged. For reference I very much regard Trump as a divider and not a unifier, if those points makes me a liberal suckup i really dont care.
Please look to see who made the first reference to Trump in this thread. It wasn't me. But certain posters in P&N seem to feel the need to be snarky partisans in nearly every thread. Trump is an idiot? Really? Why don't they tell us the color of the sky too?

Sep 12, 2004
You're the one drawing lines based on political affiliation. The "pack" disagrees plenty and disagrees more when nobody's trying to disrupt threads and other shenanigans, but then again most of the people here don't treat their politics as a team to support unconditionally.
I've been in this forum for over 12 years, most of it in P&N. I'm pretty sure I know how this place works. But thanks for playing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are idjits in this thread making comments that the US is a dictatorship compared to Iran.

The great part about dealing with TLC is that he routinely makes claims about what other posters said & then can't back them up. If he could, he'd quote, but he doesn't because he can't.

So much winning.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
I didn't derail this thread, others did.

Not to mention, there is a lot of speculation the man who lost the election is in line to succeed the Supreme Leader. So no real changes.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I made no mention of any sort of ban or punishment against Iran. In fact, I believe that would be the wrong thing to do. We need to stand back, send our best wishes to the Iranian people, and allow them to rectify their situation.
- No that was me paraphrasing, sorry if i missed the mark. More to point than simply sending wishes I think ie. opening a dialog on trade relations would send a stronger signal.

I seriously doubt that some of these folks are making "tongue in cheek" comments. Some of them seriously seem to believe that crap.
- I dont, make a note that noone has refuted me on this point, yet. You have been in "dialog" with these folks for 12 years? All I am seeing is people that is so cemented in their way of communicating that at this point you are mearly screaming at eachother while at the same time not hearing a god damn thing.

Please look to see who made the first reference to Trump in this thread. It wasn't me.

- This is you engaging another member(below). I understand that the Trump comment may have triggered you but it is still you casting first stone(while jhhnn may know where to poke to provoke that). I agree that this is a leftish forum so I dont understand why you dont just let those comments fly and stay on topic.. otherwise you will be busy all day all week all year(s!)

"This time. Remember when you cheered on Imadinnerjacket? You loved Iran's version of Trump back in the day, Jhhnn."

Trump is an idiot? Really? Why don't they tell us the color of the sky too?
Not a bad comparison, dialog on the weather is a SOP(standard operating procedure) when engaging fellow human beings.. So its Trump or the weather.. for the interim its Trump. Who cares :).

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Not to mention, there is a lot of speculation the man who lost the election is in line to succeed the Supreme Leader. So no real changes.

That only makes sense if we make a qualified comparison between old vs. new. Relative to the old he may still be a more moderate "supreme leader". (disclaimer, I dont have the answer to that question).

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
That only makes sense if we make a qualified comparison between old vs. new. Relative to the old he may still be a more moderate "supreme leader". (disclaimer, I dont have the answer to that question).

Raisi is anything but moderate. But it's all speculation anyways.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
I've been in this forum for over 12 years, most of it in P&N. I'm pretty sure I know how this place works. But thanks for playing.

I can tell you're pretty sure you know how the place works. Good for you. I'm telling you flat out that you've blinded yourself to the not insubstantial differences between the people you see as a homogenous mass.

Sep 12, 2004
The great part about dealing with TLC is that he routinely makes claims about what other posters said & then can't back them up. If he could, he'd quote, but he doesn't because he can't.

So much winning.
Meanwhile Trump is at a dictatorship attacking Iranian democracy.
Any more questions, troll?

Do you want to know why I accused you of being a cheerleader for Imadinnerjacket? It's because you accused me of being a cheerleader for the GOP in another thread. If you want to press the point I will gladly quote that accusation, but I think you know which one I am talking about. You made that accusation because you believe I came to the defense of the GOP, and therefore must be a righty in disguise.

Using that same reasoning I accused you of being a cheerleader for Imadinnerjacket and Iran because nearly any time someone in this forum ever made a less than favorable observation about him or Iran, you were almost always one of the first to run in and play defense. Therefore, by your own reasoning, you must be a cheerleader for that dolt and Iran. It's just how you think Jhhnn, nothing more. How can you possibly disagree? And to clarify, I am talking about core of the Iranian government, not the Iranian people. The Iranian people are wonderful and don't deserve the crap their government and mullahs subject them to. I wish only the best for them and hope they eventually break away from the religious shackles that currently hold them down.

Sep 12, 2004
I can tell you're pretty sure you know how the place works. Good for you. I'm telling you flat out that you've blinded yourself to the not insubstantial differences between the people you see as a homogenous mass.
Another cocksure lefty? lol. Like there aren't enough of those already in here.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Do you want to know why I accused you of being a cheerleader for Imadinnerjacket? It's because you accused me of being a cheerleader for the GOP in another thread. If you want to press the point I will gladly quote that accusation, but I think you know which one I am talking about. You made that accusation because you believe I came to the defense of the GOP, and therefore must be a righty in disguise.

Using that same reasoning I accused you of being a cheerleader for Imadinnerjacket and Iran because nearly any time someone in this forum ever made a less than favorable observation about him or Iran, you were almost always one of the first to run in and play defense. Therefore, by your own reasoning, you must be a cheerleader for that dolt and Iran. It's just how you think Jhhnn, nothing more. How can you possibly disagree? And to clarify, I am talking about core of the Iranian government, not the Iranian people. The Iranian people are wonderful and don't deserve the crap their government and mullahs subject them to. I wish only the best for them and hope they eventually break away from the religious shackles that currently hold them down.

Just a head up that even your peers would agree you make a convincing case of your conservatism. For example, you speak of integrity then right after try to pretend you're not conservative.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Similarly ironic statement from a big fan of capital punishment. Though unlike Chicken this one is more proud of degeneracy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just a head up that even your peers would agree you make a convincing case of your conservatism. For example, you speak of integrity then right after try to pretend you're not conservative.

He's the one true liberal, here to deride Leftists. Only he can make sense of that, because he''s the one true liberal, obviously.

Sep 12, 2004
Which of my beliefs would make me a conservative? My support for gay rights and marriage? My pro-choice stance? My complete lack of belief in a god or religion? Stem cell research? My only belief in regard to conservatism is small government.

But please, feel free to point out what a huge conservative I am.

I'll be waiting for your response, which I highly doubt will come.

Sep 12, 2004
He's the one true liberal, here to deride Leftists. Only he can make sense of that, because he''s the one true liberal, obviously.
I noticed that you completely failed to respond to what I said previously, Jhhnn.

Lame. You are a do as I say but not as I do moron. I've always known that. Hopefully other in here will realize that as well. They won't admit it though because of other reasons I've already mentioned. The lefty pack in here won't break ranks despite their protestations to the contrary.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Which of my beliefs would make me a conservative? My support for gay rights and marriage? My pro-choice stance? My complete lack of belief in a god or religion? Stem cell research? My only belief in regard to conservatism is small government.

But please, feel free to point out what a huge conservative I am.

I'll be waiting for your response, which I highly doubt will come.

Conservatism is by definition the rejection of western liberalism, aka the left. There's zero mystery which of those you have much animosity for, and which you're willing to defend to the death. In fact I recall you automatically rejecting the cornucopia of empirical evidence for conservative racial animosity by every study on the matter, due to this obligation to carry water for your peers.

Another common trait of conservatives is lack of much integrity shown by often pretending they're anything but, probably due to its poor brand value among thinkers.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I noticed that you completely failed to respond to what I said previously, Jhhnn.

Lame. You are a do as I say but not as I do moron. I've always known that. Hopefully other in here will realize that as well. They won't admit it though because of other reasons I've already mentioned. The lefty pack in here won't break ranks despite their protestations to the contrary.

I've responded. I can't help i if your mind can't absorb the answer.

Your belief in "smaller govt" fairly defines conservatism in all its forms, including Libertopianism. It facilitates low taxes & "people keeping more of their own money".

Except that doesn't deliver to working people nearly as well as it delivers to the financial elite. Trickle down economics simply don't work, but what you believe in is exactly that. The cumulative effect from Reagan forward has returned us to the economic inequality of 1928 & the economic instability inherent in excess concentration of wealth & income.

This whole notion that smaller govt is better govt serves only those at the top, not the rest of us. That cultivated misperception lies at the heart of Conservatism.

Sep 12, 2004
Conservatism is by definition the rejection of western liberalism, aka the left.
lol wut?

Now you want to redefine what conservatism is merely to attempt to smear me? What a dishonest pos you are. Go foist that crap on someone that doesn't know any better. What a moron you are.

Sep 12, 2004
I've responded. I can't help i if your mind can't absorb the answer.

Your belief in "smaller govt" fairly defines conservatism in all its forms, including Libertopianism. It facilitates low taxes & "people keeping more of their own money".

Except that doesn't deliver to working people nearly as well as it delivers to the financial elite. Trickle down economics simply don't work, but what you believe in is exactly that. The cumulative effect from Reagan forward has returned us to the economic inequality of 1928 & the economic instability inherent in excess concentration of wealth & income.

This whole notion that smaller govt is better govt serves only those at the top, not the rest of us. That cultivated misperception lies at the heart of Conservatism.
Umm no. Conservatives believe in far, far more things than just smaller government. I've mentioned those beliefs already but you have completely ignored them. That demonstrates how dishonest you are by wiling to twist and ignore that facts of the matter. Thanks for the wonderful demonstration. I knew it, now others do as well. At least those that are honest and have some integrity will realize it. The lefty party sycophants will still side with you though.

So feel free to show yourselves siding with Jhhnn. Join the crowd. Are conservative solely defined by small government believers?

Maybe we can see a bit of honesty in here, but I don't have much faith in the like minded speaking out. If there really is any sort of dissention from the left in here, as some have stated, let's see it. If not, I'm right and you at all full of shit.

Bring it.