IPhone 6s Plus freezing

RalphTheCow

Sep 14, 2000
An old iPhone in mint condition started freezing up a few months ago. So it seems that the latest iOS updates could be the culprit. It is totally up to date.

I’ve been trying to isolate the problem with no luck so far. At times it just seems like it is totally bogged down, like a computer that is out of memory. Sometimes it seems like the touch screen just doesn’t work. I downloaded a testing app and the motion sensor failed about half the time, but all the other tests work fine, like touch screen. I get it back by turning off and on, usually many times, or rebooting.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I've been having similar issues since the update as well. I think they put out a minor update that has fixed some of the issues, but there are still a few times where it just hangs and never seems to get anywhere. I've noticed that the battery drains noticeably when this happens, so it seems as though it's trying to do something.

I don't use a lot of apps, so I've only encountered the problem while using the browser. It seems to only happen on certain sites, so I'm wondering if it isn't the JavaScript engine or something like that. I don't think it's a memory issue since I've never had issues with that site before and it's not a very large page either. I suppose it's possible that the OS or browser app are taking up more memory now, but I haven't done much testing either.

RalphTheCow

Sep 14, 2000
I noticed today that a very light touch is sometimes required when it locks up, so it could be a touch screen issue as opposed to a locking up issue. This would fit with how the 3D Touch was terrible and things improved a lot ever since I turned that off.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I'll have to try doing that as well. I'm guessing that a lot of the issues have been software related because I've noticed that the problems have become much less severe or frequent as I install additional software updates. The phone is feeling much more response and a lot closer to what I remember it as and the battery isn't getting drained at alarming rates. Hopefully they get everything ironed out, but I'm probably going to hold off on the next major iOS update because I'm worried it will be back to square one in terms of little problems and weird behavior again.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I just upgraded my wifes 6S, and she has has no issues yet. ios 13.3.1 is the latest.