IPad Prior art

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by Cr0nJ0b, Aug 24, 2011.

1. preslove

preslove Lifer

He's not wrong that things like multi-touch and computer tablets have been around in popular culture for decades.

2. mooncancook

mooncancook Platinum Member

Maybe you are referring to trademark law, like a no name handbag maker cannot use the LV logo or its trademark patterns on their products? I don't think there is law to stop a handbag maker to make a bag that is very similar in style to one designed by LV unless they put the logo or print the signature LV pattern on the bag. When skinny jeans becomes popular, every fashion brand is making them and I don't see any pattern lawsuit.

Allowing a design that is fairly general to be patterned is bad. A phone with sliding design should not be able to be patterned, while the implementation of the actual sliding mechanism may be patterned. Or, say all remotes are rectangular, and one comes up with a round and thin remote. The round and thin design with buttons for a remote should not be able to be patterned, it has to be more specific, like a round and thin remote with a cup holder in the middle that can keep drinks warm or something like that.

3. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Ipad prior art you say?

2003 you say?

[​IMG]

4. annomander

annomander Member

I don't get these eureuka moments people keep having where they place up a picture saying prior art or that ipad was a copy of it, when its totally nothing in common.

I know people what to defend or attack depending on what side of the fence they are sitting on but please use some common sense.

5. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Ummm, it was a judge in Apples recent hearing that included that tablet as prior art.

6. hanoverphist

hanoverphist Diamond Member

yeah, mobile computing device with a touch screen. rounded corners and rectangular in shape. wasnt that their argument as it was?