IP video stream to HDMI

Mike_T

Apr 13, 2016
Hi guys, I need to stream a video via VLC from my computer, but i need to convert it from Ethernet to HDMI, for further distribution, i wanna buy this product - Wireless HDMI Extender

So, Are there any methods to convert IP to HDMI with keeping video stream compatible with that extender?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
??? It just sounds like you need a video card with HDMI output.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
How far away do you need it to go, and does it need to be wireless?

Mike_T

Apr 13, 2016
not that far , about 30 meters , yes i know that HDMI out from videocard is a choise , but not in my case, i need it to be exactly from IP out ,i need some external converter

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
So you want to stream from VLC to a display but not via HDMI even though you want to use a HDMI extender?

Ok let me start here- why do you need video to come over IP? Why won't a video card with HDMI out work? That will help us understand what you are trying to do.

Railgun

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2010
I love these why responses. How about answering the guy.

We used these in my previous role for our NOC. I'm sure you can find a less expensive solution. And while this is in the UK, I'm sure you can find them in the US.

This is the receiver only.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm not sure what you're trying to do or why HDMI out is not an option, but maybe a Raspberry Pi could work? It is basically a small computer that has Ethernet and a HDMI out port. But that would not really be any different than a computer that has HDMI out. Or is it because you need the HDMI source to be smaller? So the actual video is on a PC somewhere, streaming via IP to a box? The RPI might be able to do that, basically you'd have to set it up to auto VNC into the computer that has the video. Not sure what kind of quality you'd get though... we used to do something similar at a place I worked, there was several TVs throughout the building with basic "news" info for the public. It was a power point running in a VM and the boxes at the TVs would VNC into the VM. It worked fine for that but not sure how it would do with actual video playback.

For the extender, we have one of these at our church for when someone wants to connect their laptop to the projector and still be able to move around with it:

https://www.amazon.ca/Nyrius-Transm...&qid=1460797735&sr=8-3&keywords=wireless+hdmi

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
I love these why responses. How about answering the guy.

I fundamentally dont understand what he is trying to do that is why.

He wants to output video via Ethernet over wireless HDMI. Just on its face it makes no sense, IP wireless is a network. Just trying to clarify things.

Mike_T

Apr 13, 2016
I fundamentally dont understand what he is trying to do that is why.

He wants to output video via Ethernet over wireless HDMI. Just on its face it makes no sense, IP wireless is a network. Just trying to clarify things.

The system itself is not that simple - from server it goes to switch and distributes the signal to several computers, then it needs to go to HDMI splitter from the switch, one HDMI output will be broadcasted wirelessly

ProVideoInstruments

Sep 27, 2016
Probably a little late on this thread but you can certainly make this happen easily with the vumatrix ip will give you the hdmi over ip that you are looking for.