Question Ip conflict

save_code

Nov 23, 2021
Good day guys
please, I am new to networking, I have a problem with my new router, it browses very well on a laptop but once I connect it to my local server which has an IP 192.168.0.22 it doesn't allow the app to function again (can't even load the application that uses the above-mentioned IP)
Please, can anyone help on what to do

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Check if the IP of the Router, the laptop, and the server are on the same Network.

As an example they should be on 196.168.0.xx

:cool:

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
May be you should consider explaining exactly (in technical terms( what your Network is and how you use it.

What and where is the App that you are taking about.

Quote:"my new router, it browses very well on a laptop".

Router does not browse on anything. Router provides connection between the Internet so that a Laptop can browse the Internet.

If the problem is connecting the Laptop to the server then chech the Sharing settings of the computer.

:cool:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Given poor terminology and lack of details, I'd guess what is going on here is your new router is set to have the DHCP server feature turned on, and is issuing your server a different IP address than its prior 192.168.0.22, so this app you use for accessing it, is looking for it on 192.168.0.22 still.

If that is the case, either set a static IP on the server in the 192.168.0.(n) range... might as well make it the same 192.168.0.22 so you don't have to input new IP # in the app or look for it on the lan again, OR, note the mac address of the server's network adapter and set the router to issue that mac address, the same old 192.168.0.22 fixed IP. The latter also depends on whether the router supports this feature.

I could be completely wrong with all the above, just best guess. Maybe I should back up a bit. You had an old router, correct? Was it configured in any way or using all defaults? I don't know how the variable table works for DHCP issuing IPs, if it would have consistently continued to issue same one to the server or how you got the app set up to access it in the first place. You should look at your router connected client log to see what IP the server is, if nothing else...

If the above is beyond your ability, you might just be able to uninstall the app and reinstall and then during the reinstall routine it finds the server's new IP address, but if using DHCP on the router, then that IP is subject to change in the future if not set to static on the server. If your only method (that you can accomplish) to access the "server" is through the app, then you could temporarily gain access this latter way, get into the app, and then set the server to a nice, easy to remember IP, for example if router is 192.168.01, and 192.168.0.2 is untaken, set the server to that fixed IP address using the app. because it's easy to remember it's only one # past the router IP, then next time you swap routers, you already know what its IP is and the app doesn't need to be told or find out a new IP for it.

Last edited: