IP Conflict or just one network showing up on computer

DougoMan

May 23, 2009
Does anyone have any ideas what to do here? One of my computers will only show one random wireless network (there are like 10 available) and I will sometimes get messages related to an IP conflict. I've tried following command line instructions to reset your IP etc with no success.

I have also tried a different router, a different wifi card, and completely reinstalled windows. No change in behavior. This computer is cursed!

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Why not use static ip?

You'd be amazed how many people get that advice, set their static IP to something in their DHCP range and then continue to have the same problem.

OP: We need more details to be able to help you here.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You'd be amazed how many people get that advice, set their static IP to something in their DHCP range and then continue to have the same problem.

I still don't get people that allocate more hdcp ip range than they need.

DougoMan

May 23, 2009

What kind of details?

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
What kind of details?

OS, router type, other types of devices on your network. If you login to your router does it show what clients are currently on your wireless network? If so are there any that you aren't familiar with?

Pandasaurus

Aug 19, 2012
Given the (limited) information provided, I just have to ask... Are you connecting to your network? You say only one "random" network shows up, but there are 10 available.

jardows

Oct 17, 2011
By chance do you have DirecTV or Dish TV? I have had lots of customers that have a similar problem, and it is caused by the Genie or Hopper trying to be its own WAP/DHCP server. Turn off the Genie or Hopper, and the network immediately works great.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Control Panel Network Center Click on Change adapter setting.

Right click on the active adapter choose status and click on Details.

Copy the content of the Details Panel (left) and post it here.

status-nic.jpg

:cool: