Iowa teens killed their Spanish teacher over "poor grade," prosecutor says

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm sure if you knew you could get away with it with no repercussions there is someone from your past you'd like to see dead. I know there have been several i'd like to see dead over the years. like a psycho ex-wife.

I'd never act on it but I'd be lying if I said I never had those thoughts.

Nope I can't think of a single one. I have no ex-wives or anyone that I would like to see harmed or dead.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
There's no one I have ever met I want to see dead.

There are lots of well known individuals I'd like to see come to harm theoretically. Mostly war tyrants, terrorists, leaders of groups that have committed genocide and war crimes etc. Really really bad people who literally have blood on their hands.

Reactions: Pohemi

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Doncha see?! Doncha?!

This is why Trump has to run in '24 and get re-elected!

He can give the good boy a pardon before he's marched down the Green Mile!

Truth is Falsehood! Justice is Chaos! Murder is Charity!

AHHHHHH--Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaah! AHHHHH-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-Haaah!

Hail, Satan! Hail, Trump! Hail, Satan! Hail, Trump!

Let the pall of Darkness spread! AHHHHHHH! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haahhh!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Doncha see?! Doncha?!

This is why Trump has to run in '24 and get re-elected!

He can give the good boy a pardon before he's marched down the Green Mile!

Truth is Falsehood! Justice is Chaos! Murder is Charity!

AHHHHHH--Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaah! AHHHHH-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-Haaah!

Hail, Satan! Hail, Trump! Hail, Satan! Hail, Trump!

Let the pall of Darkness spread! AHHHHHHH! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haahhh!

Careful *BBS will get all lathered up! :p

*(foul language not allowed in P&N)

• Haha

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
People THINK about doing other folks in all the time. (however sane people have self-control)

The problems arise when "thinking" turns into "doing". :oops:
Not all the time.

My personal fantasy is publicly locking people up for life in our privately run prison system. The idea of keeping them as living examples of what not to do is a far greater expression of power. The dehumanization, the generic uncaring cruelty of neglect, the extracting maximum profit out of suffering. The industrialization of misery. The ripping of people out of familes, but keeping them alive and contactable so people cannot move on. The crushing reality of ones relatives visiting less and less until they do not visit at all.

and reeducation camps, I have tons of people to send to re-education camps.

but murder? Not my fantasy at all.

ps: I am also opposed to the death penalty ...

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Maybe, but it's complicated what factors may cause a lack of empathy and/or rage. They don't even know how much is bio v soc, and as to the socialized part, where it may come from in a given case. Peer influence can be strong during teen years. In any event, the same two parents could easily raise another child more or less the same way and get a completely different result.
Sure and I could win the lotto as well. I'm not worried about the random chance that with billions of people in the world, some are just born evil. I'm worried about a lot of parents that don't disciple or instill beneficial to society values in their offspring. That's just stacking the deck.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
some are just born evil
It is not enough to be born evil:

About 1% of people are born psychopathic. That would mean there are 3.3 million psychopaths wandering around the US. Yet among that population, almost none commit violent crimes. Among those who commit violent crimes, only about 1 in 5 are a psychopath. Far higher then the general population, but still a minority.

It is not enough to be born evil. One has to be both born evil and have the deck stacked.

It is also common for people to be born normal, and still commit violent crime.

It seems having the deck stacked matters far more then any chance of birth.

Last edited:

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
What a fucking bummer that poor woman and her family.

I hope the perp gets life no parole. The mind of a murderer is so fucking alien like HOW?!

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
What a fucking bummer that poor woman and her family.

I hope the perp gets life no parole. The mind of a murderer is so fucking alien like HOW?!
Agree. Life in prison without parole. Maximum security prison. Something like San Quentin. A message needs to be sent that this is not acceptable in our society.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Next candidate for governor's pardon no doubt!
It wouldn't shock me these days. I doubt it for this case because the GOP/NRA don't give a shit about protecting bat rights, but it's still not outside the realm of this decade's possibility. If it happened in TX or FL, the governors would do it just to trigger libs.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
It wouldn't shock me these days. I doubt it for this case because the GOP/NRA don't give a shit about protecting bat rights, but it's still not outside the realm of this decade's possibility. If it happened in TX or FL, the governors would do it just to trigger libs.
If it was Florida, Deshithispants would blame it on the woke.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Should lawyers be roped into the sentence if they repeatedly try the court with utter bullshit?

Would maybe make some of the immoral bastards pause if they realised their antics could land them in hot water.
You can't be serious. Prosecutors use utter bullshit arguments all the time. This is why we have a jury to sort through the evidence rather than just listen to professionals flapping their gums.