Iowa teens killed their Spanish teacher over "poor grade," prosecutor says

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Two Iowa teenagers killed their high school Spanish teacher last year because of frustration over a bad grade, prosecutors said Tuesday in court documents that for the first time reveal a possible motive.

The documents were filed ahead of a hearing Wednesday where a judge will hear arguments on whether to suppress any of the evidence against Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale, who are charged with murdering high school Spanish teacher Nohema Graber in the small town of Fairfield.

A lawyer for Miller is asking the court in Fairfield to invalidate four search warrants and suppress evidence from Miller's home, comments he made to police and information taken from his cellphone and the social media platform Snapchat.

Graber's body was found in a Fairfield park Nov. 3, 2021, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties. She had been beaten to death with a baseball bat. Miller and Goodale were 16 at the time.

1667505221407.png
1667505244413.png
1667505268305.png

Interesting.. how will they explain this one?

The mexicans did it?

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Is it normal to wear flack jackets during a trial?

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I remember this story. Nothing made sense then and doesn't now. there's more to this crime than meets the eyes.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Wo hasen't toutched of murdering their teachcher over bad gade/?
ta nomal isent ti?

Edit
Note: this IS sarcasm. a poor attempt at humor.
Sorry about that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Wo hasen't toutched of murdering their teachcher over bad gade/?
ta nomal isent ti?
fetchimage

Want to try that again?

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Life in maximum security prison will be worse. Two young white boys upset about grades? They'll certainly be someone's bitch in the slammer.
No kill them and then throw the parents in for life for raising these abominations.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Two Iowa teenagers killed their high school Spanish teacher last year because of frustration over a bad grade, prosecutors said Tuesday in court documents that for the first time reveal a possible motive.

The documents were filed ahead of a hearing Wednesday where a judge will hear arguments on whether to suppress any of the evidence against Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale, who are charged with murdering high school Spanish teacher Nohema Graber in the small town of Fairfield.

A lawyer for Miller is asking the court in Fairfield to invalidate four search warrants and suppress evidence from Miller's home, comments he made to police and information taken from his cellphone and the social media platform Snapchat.

Graber's body was found in a Fairfield park Nov. 3, 2021, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties. She had been beaten to death with a baseball bat. Miller and Goodale were 16 at the time.

View attachment 70352
View attachment 70353
View attachment 70354

Interesting.. how will they explain this one?

The mexicans did it?
I would think life in prison no chance of parole might be greater punishment. Put him in prison with a lot of Hispanics. They will torture him daily. Let the family have a large say if death penalty should be applied.

BTW - How could this have happened? We are told by right wing geniuses having a father in the house is determinative to bad behavior. Each had 2 parents

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
People THINK about doing other folks in all the time. (however sane people have self-control)

The problems arise when "thinking" turns into "doing". :oops:

That really is true. Though there are also big problems that can arise from even vocalising (or typing) those thoughts. Never let them out, is my policy!

It's one big reason why I am so glad we don't have US style gun-laws. I'm sure many people have such thoughts and if you make it relatively easy to act on them...

(Edit)...which is what I find particularly mind-boggling about this case. If they had shot her it would be easier to comprehend. But beating someone to death with a baseball bat requires something else, and I find it astonishing that a 16 year-old could have that level of psychopathy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Not only is the above true, having a loaded gun on-hand and ready makes it exponentially more likely that you'll put it in your own mouth and pull the trigger after life throws you a curve-ball.

Suicide MINUS a gun of some kind is one heck of a lot "messier" in every way except for the actual blood-splatters.

:oops:

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi