iOS 9 copy popup-ups

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
CUT/COPY/PASTE POP-UPS ARE ERRATIC

Again, sometimes this works just fine, but other times it's a challenge to select a bit of text and get the cut/copy/paste pop-ups to appear. There have been several occasions where I've just not been able to get them to appear at all.

Is there a fix for this. It's really annoying the crap out of me.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
CUT/COPY/PASTE POP-UPS ARE ERRATIC

Again, sometimes this works just fine, but other times it's a challenge to select a bit of text and get the cut/copy/paste pop-ups to appear. There have been several occasions where I've just not been able to get them to appear at all.

Is there a fix for this. It's really annoying the crap out of me.

Which device?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Which device?
Do you even have to ask? Text selection and clipboard management have been borked in iOS as long as they have existed. You know that.

It's always annoyed the crap out of me. For some things, like the Safari address bar, you get the pop-up when you tap it and all of the text is selected by default. Other things require a long press for the magnified and then release. Often, you do this, chose "Select" and the pop-up disappears when the word gets selected. Even more often, it disappears when you grab the selection handles and resize your selection. Sometimes your selection remains selected at least and you can get it to pop up again by tapping anywhere in that selection, but other times expanding your selection will inexplicably deselect everything the moment you lift your finger. If you have a Plus phone and the app supports rotating in the text field, you can rotate the device to get the expanded keyboard to access functions like Select All, Cut, and Paste when the pop-up is not working.

These problems are far more common in text fields in Safari than anywhere else and there have always been similar or worse issues with older versions of iOS. Apple should be ashamed.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Some devices have cut/copy/paste options on the horizontal keyboard that you can use when the pop-up refuses to appear.

Also, that problem seems to be mostly eliminated for me in iOS 9. Purify Blocker may have something to do with that as *everything* in Safari just works better when the rogue ads and scripts are under control.