Inwin S506 or Superpower KS-201 Zephyr?

mopar360

Nov 18, 2000
I'm building my first system and I have it narrowed down to two cases, inwin S506/ S500(same they just have diferent front panels) or a Superpower Zephyr KS-201. Both are about the same price w/300w p/s, what would you recomend? Anyone have either of these cases? Good or bad? I plan on getting a T-bird or Duron and doing some minor overclocking. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

mopar360

Lekrem

Oct 10, 1999
I recently built a system using the Zephyr 201 (4-5.25, 2-3.5 ext, 1-3.5 int). It is a very nice case for the money. Well built, No sharp edges, front & rear 80 mm fan mounts. the sides come off and go back on easily, PLUS the holes on the bezel are actually holes!

The only problem I had was I was going to ditch the front plastic fan mount, but I could not get the bezel off easily. Since the computer was not for me I stopped right there.

overall I would highly recommend the super power case.

Zephyr review @ arstechinca

Lekrem

mdooner

Apr 21, 2000
I have worked with the Polaris and Landmark Superpower cases (same case, different bezel) and like them a lot. IMO the bezel is not at all difficult to remove (unless you have wires hot-glued to it like me, then its impossible). The plastic fan holders are cheesy, as all are, but they leave you screw holes. The stock cooling was fine, but I felt the need to punch some new holes in my cases. I made 2, 80mm intakes in a Polaris and a 120mm intake in the Landmark. A made the exhaust 92mm on the Landmark. The only thing to look for is to make sure they Superpower case you're getting is a new revision. The new ones make it much easier to work on the case (you can remove HD's w/o removing the rack). If you want to see some pics of mine, they are at http://www.csn.naples.fl.us/~mdooner/case-7-7-00/ and http://www.csn.naples.fl.us/~mdooner/case%20%232%20(new)/.

I can't really say anything on behalf of the inwin (i don't even know what it looks like :( but i can say that for $70 (mid-tower) the Superpower is a damn good case.

Stringy

Nov 21, 1999
both are Excelent cases... but since you have 2 Pro SuperPower reviews, I'll just add
more info on the S500... I find InWin's cases to be of Very high quality, and the S500
seperates itself from the rest with a Drive Rail system so drive installation and removal
is fairly easy and quick...

Other than that, they seem to be Very equally matched.. they have simular layouts, and
expansion... Tho, the SuperPower Landmark series has Plastic outside panels which have
been reported to reduce case noise...

Either way you'll have a great case to build your system on top of...

Craig

grillmasterP

Apr 2, 2000
I Would Highly recommend Either INwin S506 or S500.

The only superpower model I would consider is the one with (4) 5.25 bays

mopar360

Nov 18, 2000
Thanks for all the feedback! I ordered an In-Win S506 with 300W p/s today. I never thought chosing a case would be so difficult. Thanks again eveyone!!