Inverted y-axis in your console FPS's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
I invert the Y-axis when I play both PC and console FPSs, it's just what I'm used to.

wow on the PC too? Crazy talk. I'm assuming on the PC you are using a mouse.

I invert also on PC. I'm not even a console gamer. Hell yea. Leet gamers do this.

There isn't one answer to the problem. The mouse on the pad acts as the cursor on the screen. Move your mouse up and to the left and your cursor (or in game, the reticle) moves up and to the left). Perfectly logical. If you're using the mouse to simulate a joystick (a reason to invert), then that can work just as well.

Dessert Tears

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Queasy
I played flight sim games alot growing up so inverting the Y-axis just came naturally to me when FPSs got popular.
Ditto on the flight sims.

When we play 360 CoD2 on split-screen, half the guys play inverted, half non-inverted.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: Oblivionaire
Why would you want to invert x? Are you dyslexic or something?

i invert in it WoW and i did on teh ratchet and clank games, basicially i do it whenever i can, IDK why it just feels more natural

There's a huge difference between 3rd person camera control and 1st person perspective.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Consistent with most in this thread, somewhere I started playing with Y inverted. I can't play any other way now. :(

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
I'm just pointint out for those of us (incl. me) who invert their y-axis if any of you think that it'd also be logical to invert eh horizontal axis. Many games don't give you the option, this is just a subject up for debate. =p